WEN

Respected Contributor

UPS ran early today YAY! First cleanse with STP second 3 pumps of Indigo 2 of STP (my hair is shorter, chin length). Since I let my hair air dry it will be tomorrow before I'll be able to detect any changes in brilliance, etc. I have salt and pepper hair that looks much darker when wet so I really can't tell anything now. My hair is really thick and it will still be damp when I go to bed, but that's normal for me.

Indigo has a more pasty texture than the other CC's I've used but mixed well with the STP. 

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the bottle tops on both of my bottles were the kind that you can push down to expose an opening for the CC to come out of,  if that makes sense... Naturally I'm going to use the pumps but I saved both tops to put on other bottles when the are almost empty and the pump no longer works. That way I can turn the bottles up-side-down and get the rest of the CC out more easily. 

I didn't use the regular Bella Spirit CC, just the Indigo

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

Re: Indigo Chat

[ Edited ]

My thoughts on BST & BSI Heart I used them both straight, BST 1st & BSI 2nd with BST as leave in, VWP SC and 613 mousse. Air drying and My hair is still a little damp.

As far as scent they are about the same, to me a very light lavender and herb, can't wait for @rochelleS to describe all the notes Smiley Wink

I whipped these up as per @x Hedge  the way I always do Smiley Wink The BST whips up like whipped cream icing, it grows and stays thick and dense, the BSI is similar but not quite as dense. It felt light and cool during the cleanse. I love the way it cleanses, my hair as softer and smoother. I think some of it is the quinoa protein and water complex.

As far as the toning difference, my hair is salt and pepper and I don't have a problem with brassiness. My salt is bright and white with the other WEN CCs. The difference is subtle but the salt with the BSI definitely has a cooler, bluer tone. The toning may intensify with continued use.  I will try to post some pics Woman Surprised

I love these and will use them exclusively for a few days, cuz that's what I do Cat Very Happy

Then I'll likely start mixing and experimenting, cuz that's what I do Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@1Professor   My hair color at this time is golden blonde  Depending on brand it changes.  This time i had a reddish tint and the Indigo made it a softer shade.  Took out the red.

Regular Contributor

I received The new duo late this afternoon and naturally had to try it right away    I used the plain Bella spirit for the first cleanse and the indigo for the second cleanse.  I left the indigo on while I shaved my legs and finished my shower.  I enjoyed the light fresh scent of both of them.  I used the plain one as a leave in and bamboo green tea styling cream. My hair has lots of volume and shine and it feels light and weightless and like silk.  My hair is probably 70% gray but it’s really more white or pale silver.  I think the white looks about the same as always but there is no hint of gold or yellow in the hair that has not turned gray yet.  My natural hair color was a combo of dark blonde  mixed with light brown also called dirty blonde.   My hair color has always been a little cooler rather than warmer but I did have a few golden natural high lights that I wasn’t crazy about.  The indigo seems to tone that down.  In any case I love the soft volume and think this new duo is a winner for me.  I will certainly be ordering this again

Honored Contributor

So far of those who have tried the duo, do any of you feel you would like to use the Bella Spirit Traditional (BST) by itself, without the Bella Spirit Indigo (BSI)? That doesn't mean you don't like the BSI; I'm assuming you do like it.

Just wondering if you consider the BST a scent or a product whose performance you like that you would consider using it by itself. Since Chaz said it was similar to 613/319, I wondered what your thoughts were.

I plan to mix the BSI with my seasonals and only took the BST because it was part of the duo. I will try it, of course, but was curious about your thoughts on the BST by itself.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have on BST alone.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler

I know this doesn't answer your question right now, but I do plan to use TT first cleanse tomorrow with BST second cleanse, so I can report back sometime tomorrow.  For reference, my hair does great with 319, not so much with 613.  

I am a little apprehensive after reading @monks review of BSI taking some red out of her hair.  I am a natural redhead and don't color.  My hair is fading with age, and I certainly don't want it any lighter.  🤔

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer Yes, I noticed that statement about the red hair. Chaz had a couple of models with red hair and it looked fine on them. Trying to think of the tall thin model who also models for Linea. Her red hair looked beautiful. Well, I thought they all looked wonderful. Some I could notice the effects of Indigo more than others, but they all looked like they had more brightness and dimension.

And also, in his salon one of the gals is a redhead, not sure if it is natural or if he colors her hair. Her hair with Indigo on it was gorgeous....absolutely gorgeous!! And I have seen her before with lovely hair, but this time it was stand-out beautiful!

Be sure to let us know what happens with your red hair when you use the Indigo, perhaps trying it with a little Indigo mixed 50/50 with a seasonal or BST; and then maybe also trying it full-on, 100% with no mixture. Go a little crazy and report back! ha!

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@BExplorer Yes, I noticed that statement about the red hair. Chaz had a couple of models with red hair and it looked fine on them. Trying to think of the tall thin model who also models for Linea. Her red hair looked beautiful. Well, I thought they all looked wonderful. Some I could notice the effects of Indigo more than others, but they all looked like they had more brightness and dimension.

And also, in his salon one of the gals is a redhead, not sure if it is natural or if he colors her hair. Her hair with Indigo on it was gorgeous....absolutely gorgeous!! And I have seen her before with lovely hair, but this time it was stand-out beautiful!

Be sure to let us know what happens with your red hair when you use the Indigo, perhaps trying it with a little Indigo mixed 50/50 with a seasonal or BST; and then maybe also trying it full-on, 100% with no mixture. Go a little crazy and report back! ha!

Thanks @World Traveler

your observations do give me the confidence to try it soon!  I do want to use BST alone with my usual TT so I can gauge the results of BST without adding the indigo.  I will then have to play with the BSI and FFA, each with TT, then I will do some mixing with only the three new CCs. So many new CCs to experiment with!  👍

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

So far of those who have tried the duo, do any of you feel you would like to use the Bella Spirit Traditional (BST) by itself, without the Bella Spirit Indigo (BSI)? That doesn't mean you don't like the BSI; I'm assuming you do like it.

Just wondering if you consider the BST a scent or a product whose performance you like that you would consider using it by itself. Since Chaz said it was similar to 613/319, I wondered what your thoughts were.

I plan to mix the BSI with my seasonals and only took the BST because it was part of the duo. I will try it, of course, but was curious about your thoughts on the BST by itself.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have on BST alone.

@World Traveler

I would indefinitely use the BST by itself or mixed with any other CC. I was equally impressed with both of them. I think you'll love BST and be glad you have both.

At some point I am going to do a 1st and 2nd cleanse with just BST

and a 1st and 2nd cleanse with just BSI, that shoud be interesting Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Oh thanks everyone who has tried the new Indigo!!  

@FleaMktQn  I will try it lots of ways too!...I think after several uses the color difference may be more enhanced, I bet your hair looks great!