WEN

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity I've read you mention that before, that you had not tried the classics or seasonals before. What were you using when you were a WEN girl before? Was it the rice-based, like Mandarin Italian Fig and Bamboo Green Tea, or perhaps 613 or 319, or the kids' products?

I tried the rice-based and got a drying effect from MIF and BGT, but I understand that Bella Spirit has rice, and I am having no problem with hair being very dry from using either one of the duos.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Indigo Chat

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP

Good news on your UPS delivery! At least your package will be delivered and not lost. Yay

My hair is getting long. It's well past my shoulders, maybe 2-3 inches above my bra strap. Lately, with our outrageous heat and humidity, I've been wearing it up. I still use the paste though

So little is needed. I scoop a little out and rub my hands together, warming it up. I rake and squeeze it into hair sectipns. I'll often do this bent over with my hair flipped down for good distribution . When I stand up the volume  increases an easy ten fold. My joke is its in another county. Big and full! I either style accordingly or pop it up into a much fatter bun. I've tried it on wet hair but my best results are on dry or almost dry hair. It's a great styling product and not stiff, hard or gooey at any time. I can't comment on using it specifically on a piece -y cut or style solely as my hair is so much longer. I'd try it though. I think it's great. My hair looks noticeably thicker immediately after applying. The fragrance isn't bossy, it's soft and agreeable with (other) underlying CC's and ancillary products.

Editing to add... when Chaz demo's the paste, I recall he'd styled the hair and added the paste afterwsrds. I remember his commenting how it lifted and increased the volume on the models hair. I specifically recall his using this on Maria, the blond with thin, fine hair jaw length + hair. I have not checked to see if there's a video here or on his site.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity I've read you mention that before, that you had not tried the classics or seasonals before. What were you using when you were a WEN girl before? Was it the rice-based, like Mandarin Italian Fig and Bamboo Green Tea, or perhaps 613 or 319, or the kids' products?

I tried the rice-based and got a drying effect from MIF and BGT, but I understand that Bella Spirit has rice, and I am having no problem with hair being very dry from using either one of the duos.

Bamboo Green Tea & 613 CC's- 

Valued Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity 

Sweet_Serenity I have found most all of the rice based CC are just okay, they do the job but nothing noticeable. That doesn’t stop me from buying all I can get my hands on, because I love the scents of most of them.

If you have drying issues I would suggest Fig. I don’t use Fig for every cleans but if my ends are dry I use it for both cleanse for a while.  I hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do appreciate any suggestions. BST & BSI regimen is stay on course. 

Monday TSV TT expected here. Looking forward playing mad scientist.

Valued Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity TT was my 2nd ever purchase of Wen. Lisa Robertson talked me into it and I’ve never looked back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Have you considered trying POM? It's soy based and my hair loves it. Very nicely moisturizing and beautiful results. It's one of my classic go to's. ( along with LAV & TT)

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

Love your name! How is your Sister? Thank you I will look into it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today's first cleanse was my usual TT, second cleanse was BSI.  While BST made my hair seem thick and voluminous, today using BSI my fair was pretty flat. My hair didn't feel thick while cleansing either as it does with BST, STP, or 319.

Now for color--I am a natural redhead closer to a strawberry blonde now that my hair has faded over the past decade. My color did change using BSI today. It was not more vibrant, but it was darker. I was hoping for brightening, closer to how my hair looked years ago. Instead it looked more auburn, with more brown than red. 

Between the darker color and flatness of my hair, I don't plan on using BSI again as my second cleanse.  I will experiment with it as my first cleanse, though. 

I don't recall reading it made anyone else's hair flat so was surprised by my result. BST was awesome for volume, though.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer Your experience is very interesting. I hope you try it reversed.....the Indigo first and the Traditional for the second cleanse. Wonder if that would make the difference. But if you aren't happy with the color, then I don't know what I would do.

How long did you leave it on?

Tonight I get adventurous and put it on as a mask, as another poster did. E-Gads!! I may really look like a Smurf in the morning. But like I said in an earlier post, I'm going to a concert tomorrow night, and I don't think I would stand out at all!