WEN

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I watched a few minutes but had to change.  I tried his products years ago before I found my current product.  I understand it works for some people but did not for me.  Now my hair is in its best condition ever.  I usually like to watch shows regarding hair and makeup even if I don't use those products.  I watch to see new styles in both.

I will not watch people with attitude.  Give me your best sales pitch as to why I need to try your product and I will decide what is best for me.  Cutting the competition down reminds me of a fast talking car salesman in my town.  When I saw him coming I always got in my car and left.  I can change the channel if I don't like where a sales pitch is going.

I did see that flatiron demo.

@Gram W

A little less attention on being cutsie way below ones years, a lot less attitude, and the self confidence and professionalism not to make snide remarks about perceived competition would enhance the "sales pitch" considerably.  

You called it - Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe   I was waiting on you girl.  And exactly.

Super Contributor

I heard the sizzle. It reminded me of the times I've put hairspray in my hair and then tried to use a curling iron, something I never use anymore. The curling iron would get stuck in the hairspray and it would feel like I was melting my hair. Oh the glorious 90s, I so don't miss you Smiley Very Happy

To be fair, her hair didn't look damaged after, but she might want to do a deep conditioning treatment after that!!

Super Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I watched a few minutes but had to change.  I tried his products years ago before I found my current product.  I understand it works for some people but did not for me.  Now my hair is in its best condition ever.  I usually like to watch shows regarding hair and makeup even if I don't use those products.  I watch to see new styles in both.

I will not watch people with attitude.  Give me your best sales pitch as to why I need to try your product and I will decide what is best for me.  Cutting the competition down reminds me of a fast talking car salesman in my town.  When I saw him coming I always got in my car and left.  I can change the channel if I don't like where a sales pitch is going.

I did see that flatiron demo.

Well said.  I will not watch vendors who cut down the competition either.  I watched a presentation of Tweak-D on HSN a few weeks back.  I was so curious about it.  And they spent so much time on their presentation of their shampoo and conditioner talking about how we don't know much about cleansing conditioners, how may pumps you need of cleansing conditioners, how expensive cleansing conditioners were... and on and on... THEY NEED TO TALK ABOUT THEIR OWN PRODUCT THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL!!  It was such a turn off.  I think a lot of these vendors are threatened by the success of WEN.  They just can't stand it.... Needless to say, I switched the channel and will not even try the product.  They shoot themselves in the foot every time for me when they pull this stuff.

Honored Contributor

Oh my stars! Can you just imagine the damage? No thanks. 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

OMG!!!  I don't know why but I'm sitting here in disbelief and just had to share.  My TV was on the Q as I came to the room to take a short break.  Well NC was on selling yet another spray.  I sat back to watch the presentation and he was going on about how the models hair shines after he hits it with the flatiron.  As he went from model to model he was getting more excited .  By the time he got the last model he proclaims "he's going to do something crazy",  well he sprayed, pulled the hair up and when that flat iron hit her hair you could actually hear the SIZZLE.  I thought I was hearing things and had to back it up a few times just to confirm. COULD YOU IMAGINE HOW HOT THAT IRON WAS?  Bet the finishing spray makes your hair shine.......without being fried.

Chaz doesn't need to use a flatiron, on his models, to achieve shiny hair.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

I would be so upset if someone burned my hair because they werent paying attention. You expect your stylist to alway have the health of your hair as their first priority, that didnt sound like it was.

To tell you the truth I also dont watch because of the "mud slinging". I feel you should be able to present on your product and explain why it works. I always feel like I am watching Real Housewives when he is on and I cant do it, too much drama. If I want drama I can just call my cousins for the latest at home, lol.

Plus it seems all of the products are focused on creating the appearance of fuller hair for women with thin hair. I dont have that issue so his products were not created for me.

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I saw that demo, NC is very theatrical with his demos. The product did give off some steam when he applied the flat iron and that's to be expected. I don't think most of us would use the hairspray that way, but if you have very curly or frizzy hair you might. I like Nicks products, but especially his hair spray and shampoo.My hair does not fall out and I get loads of volume out of my fine hair. I still use WEN as a leave in conditioner, but I do not cleanse my hair with it. Chaz has plenty of other fine products that do not cause the hair to come out so much. I love his mists and texturizing spray.

I don't know about that, @blackhole99. When I tried using Nick Chavez products, my hair did fall out. In huge clumps.

Super Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I saw that demo, NC is very theatrical with his demos. The product did give off some steam when he applied the flat iron and that's to be expected. I don't think most of us would use the hairspray that way, but if you have very curly or frizzy hair you might. I like Nicks products, but especially his hair spray and shampoo.My hair does not fall out and I get loads of volume out of my fine hair. I still use WEN as a leave in conditioner, but I do not cleanse my hair with it. Chaz has plenty of other fine products that do not cause the hair to come out so much. I love his mists and texturizing spray.

I would like to point out that we're discussing the sizzling noise, not the vapors emanating from the model's head. There is a distinct noise when he applies the flatiron to the woman's hair.

I've used Wen for two years now. My hair is not falling out and my scalp is clean. I am a reasonably intelligent person or at least intelligent enough to confirm these two points.

I have had quite serious allergic reactions on my face and neck in the past to a variety of products, so I'm well acquainted with the damage that can be done. I have had no issues with Wen.

I would politely suggest to you that if you believe Wen causes hair loss, you shouldn't be using it on your ends either since there is a risk of contamination to your scalp.

Thank you.