WEN

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@TamiT28 wrote:

@Are there any additional QVC moderators beside @Alice-QVC?  Alice called me on Wednesday night and said that QVC would be contacting Chaz Dean to verify the numbers I gave to her were products manufactured in 2011. I am wondering if any other QVC moderators have looked into this issue?

@TamiT28 The mods won't be the ones making the calls. They are forum moderators. I am pretty sure they would be opening an internal ticket on it, so that someone in some quality assurance department can investigate. There is a whole staff of moderators, but I think if you started contacting them, it would just confuse things. If no one gets back to you, I think you'd need to contact the Q Customer Service and ask for a supervisor. Right now it's possibly only been 24 hours since someone would have gotten the info from Alice (since Thurs. morning). I'm sure they have a whole queue of these types of issues to follow up on.

I think I've seen posts from moderators where they said that they had called someone who needed help.

@HSB1204 yes Alice the mod called @TamiT28. I'm saying mods won't be calling vendors and handling investigation of the quality issues.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@TamiT28 wrote:

@Are there any additional QVC moderators beside @Alice-QVC?  Alice called me on Wednesday night and said that QVC would be contacting Chaz Dean to verify the numbers I gave to her were products manufactured in 2011. I am wondering if any other QVC moderators have looked into this issue?

@TamiT28 The mods won't be the ones making the calls. They are forum moderators. I am pretty sure they would be opening an internal ticket on it, so that someone in some quality assurance department can investigate. There is a whole staff of moderators, but I think if you started contacting them, it would just confuse things. If no one gets back to you, I think you'd need to contact the Q Customer Service and ask for a supervisor. Right now it's possibly only been 24 hours since someone would have gotten the info from Alice (since Thurs. morning). I'm sure they have a whole queue of these types of issues to follow up on.

I think I've seen posts from moderators where they said that they had called someone who needed help.

@HSB1204 yes Alice the mod called @TamiT28. I'm saying mods won't be calling vendors and handling investigation of the quality issues.

@Kjelle Sorry, I misunderstood!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh snap! I am upset and need  some help to calm down.

I looked at a few items and I'm floored to see that I've received RTM from 2012. Specifically (so far) from my Nov 22 2015 order of FGP

A 270782  2 16 oz CCs & 2 6 oz RTM's. Adding insult to injury, I'd missed the OTO and paid the higher price.

I also bought the FGP oil at the same time. This too has a 2012 date!

Then I grabbed a POM oil from a tsv A/D delivered in June 2015 and that's dated 2011!!!

I had to walk away from my collection. Fearful of what else I'd find. I'm greatful to have learned about the dates on this forum but it's turning into a catch 22.

I may be able to return the FGP items but as they're out of season I can't replace them till next year. Not thrilled about this at all. 

I've made a huge commitment to Wen yet I sit here feeling shaken and vulnerable. 

Super Contributor

I don't blame you one bit for being so upset. When someone pays as much money as we do for Wen products, we want FRESH products.

I believe there is either one of two issues going on at QVC:

1. The products really are not selling as well as we are led to believe and the old stock is put away until that season rolls around again. They are then stored in a hot warehouse until they are offered to purchase one year later.

2. I worked in retail many years ago and there is a rule of thumb "First in, first out". It is time consuming to rotate stock but it is absolutely NECESSARY. In this day and age (and with such a big company as QVC) I truly wonder if that rule of thumb is being followed.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

I looked at a few items and I'm floored to see that I've received RTM from 2012. Specifically (so far) from my Nov 22 2015 order of FGP

A 270782  2 16 oz CCs & 2 6 oz RTM's. Adding insult to injury, I'd missed the OTO and paid the higher price.

Then I grabbed a POM oil from a tsv A/D delivered in June 2015 and that's dated 2011!!!

I had to walk away from my collection. Fearful of what else I'd find. I'm greatful to have learned about the dates on this forum but it's turning into a catch 22.

I may be able to return the FGP items but as they're out of season I can't replace them till next year. Not thrilled about this at all. 

I've made a huge commitment to Wen yet I sit here feeling shaken and vulnerable. 

It is very disturbing to read your post @rochelleS.  QVC really needs to sell these products at a reduced price if they are old products.  I would imagine that many of us have received old products in the past.  It isn't right to be paying so much for these products if they aren't new products.  

Contributor

Wow, just wow, what an eyeopener! After reading this I had to have a quick look at my 12 oz rtms from sept 2015 tsv. I ordered a fig and two tea tree stored in fridge - this is ridiculous - TT manufactured 100723 fig from 101116. Come on QVC what gives? Five year old product still in inventory? I've been a customer since CVN days and spent thousands over the years.  This takes the cake. Woman Sad  

Oh another thing regarding older product to fellow FAS fans who ordered Fall Apple Spice 3piece CC with comb OTO also from Sept -mine were manufactured 130812 & bought 2 sets to store  for much later use fearing it would be retired.  So it will be that much older when i get around to using some.

PS, on a positive note that sept WEN tsv was the best for me with that awesome full sized oil. Thanks team WEN!!

Note: I am using a Kindle Fire tablet and a pain to type but i was compelled when i saw those old dates. Also why i mostly read and not participate with you wonderful ladies.  This is one long post whew.

Honored Contributor

Man, I'm almost afraid to look at some of my bottles, especially styling cream. That seems to move the slowest in my inventory, since my hair is on the shorter side.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I also did not look at everything yet, but on my purchases of 613 RTM and SC, and RTM Home & Away kits of few month a  go, I noticed one of the products having a decent production date and the other in that same kit, way out there, being too old. Not good!

I truly wish they'd noticed, they have this older stock sooner, and offered it in some kits, or other form of discount before it gotten this outdated.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@rochelleS That is some really old stuff you've received. I'm glad that the seasonals have returned since many of us have our favorites that we look forward to stocking up on. But if the product is already four or five years old when we receive it then I don't think I'm interested. For the prices that we pay it should be manufactured shortly before it ships out and not some old leftovers.

Valued Contributor
I went back to look at several of my orders that were placed since September and I actually had a few products from 2011 and 2013 mixed in with fresher items from 2015. I will be paying very close attention to any of my orders from now on.