WEN

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know how many pieces are supposed to be in a gallon pump?  I don't want to open it yet and would just like to know if I've got the right parts to the pump.  I have the pump part and one piece of "piping"  (plastic, of course) that gets connects to it.  I thought there should be three parts but I could be wrong.  Does anyone know for sure?  Would really appreciate it.  I don't want to open it and find I don't have enough pump parts.  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

From your description, you have the pump and the tube. 

That's complete.

(What other part do you think should be there?)

You can insert the tube, unlock the pump, and test it using a bowl of clean water.

Leave it to dry, maybe in the sun, after your satisfied its all there and it works.

Once it's dry you can re-lock the pump for storage if necessary.

Respected Contributor

Hi  Hedge!  Thank you for your reply.  When I took everything out of the box yesterday, It just hit me that the pump package looked like it would not reach far enough into the gallon bottle and that there should be two plastic thingys to insert. They kind of put those in a bubble wrap bag by itself.   I was also not aware that the pump part could be locked back again!  I'm gonna practice on a pump straw since I have a slew of them, small ones though, not gallon size.  When I measure the pump I have, on the outside of the bottle, it looks like it will fit right.  Just wanted to be sure.  I didn't want to go to use it and hook it all up only to find out there's a piece missing.  I thought someone on here must know if I have enough pump straw pieces.  Thank you again for replying!  Maybe Chaz could demonstrate on air how to work the pump straws for us dummys!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know..

[ Edited ]

@77yangya 

To prime a pump:

If you ever get a pump that doesn't want to take up the product, unscrew it from the container and make sure the tube is inserted all the way.

Then submerge the entire pump in a sink or tub of water. (Lay it down sideways) Pump it underwater several times in the sideways position.

When the pump has cleared it's 'bubble', stand it upright so the tube is still underwater but the pump isn't.

Pump several more times until you see it working correctly. Dry it out and put it into the product.

✔  This is also how-to clean out the inside of a pump with detergent & hot tap water before you store it.

Respected Contributor

Hi Hedge!  WOW!  I did not know that!  There were some pumps that just didn't work, in the past but I haven't had one of those lately.  I just pitched it and grabbed another one.  If I'd known what you posted, I'd have tried that!  Hey, thank you for posting that, that's good to know!  I can refer back to it too!  Can you believe I fell asleep in front of the computer and the landscaper's machinery woke me up.  ug!  Had a rough couple of months since beginning of April.  Thank you, Hedge for your help. XO