WEN

Honored Contributor

I've been hearing a lot about 2 cleanses, first cleanse with an oil to remove the make-up, followed by cleanser to cleanse the skin.  Do any of you do this? If so, which of the oils have you found are best for removing the make-up?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Vaseline

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife My skin is so reactive. I break out from every other thing I use.

I use argan oil to break down my makeup & then First Aid Beauty Face Wash (I just got Tova's Cactine Facial Cleanser today. I am anxious to try that.). 

I do this at least 2x when I have on a full face of makeup to make sure that my skin is clean.

I started out with Josie Maran brand, but I go through a lot of argan oil, so I use Shea Moisture or Ulta Carrier oil. Whichever is on sale. 

Respected Contributor

I use the Bella Dry Oil to remove make up.  Gets it OFF.  I then scrub in the shower.  Yes, I sleep with my make up on.  ug....

I'm not good when it comes to facial care.  I'm just an oily mess.  Have extreme oily skin so that when I apply make up, all the colors fade together.

You can use any of the cleansing conditioners to wash the face with.  I don't use a clarosonic, I use a loofah but one that's not harsh on the face.  It's a lacy kind of material with a brush on the back.  Then I just apply my choice of UINBT when I come out of the shower.  I use it on my face, face to toe.  My skin is really soft and smooth but I'll always be a grease pit...LOL!

Honored Contributor

I absolutely LOVE Tatcha cleansing oil.  It removes makeup and leaves my skin so soft!

I do not use it to remove eye makeup though.  I still use a remover for that.

I never thought to cleanse again afterwards though...maybe I will try it, but my face feels so good, I never thought it was needed.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife Chaz used to have the model Amy show how to use the oils to remove makeup; also the dry oil. She could really get a lot of makeup off her face!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@SurferWife Chaz used to have the model Amy show how to use the oils to remove makeup; also the dry oil. She could really get a lot of makeup off her face!

@World Traveler 

Yes, I always watch but can't remember if there is a specific formula that might work better than others.  I may just start playing with them to test them out myself.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

I use the Bella Dry Oil to remove make up.  Gets it OFF.  I then scrub in the shower.  Yes, I sleep with my make up on.  ug....

I'm not good when it comes to facial care.  I'm just an oily mess.  Have extreme oily skin so that when I apply make up, all the colors fade together.

You can use any of the cleansing conditioners to wash the face with.  I don't use a clarosonic, I use a loofah but one that's not harsh on the face.  It's a lacy kind of material with a brush on the back.  Then I just apply my choice of UINBT when I come out of the shower.  I use it on my face, face to toe.  My skin is really soft and smooth but I'll always be a grease pit...LOL!

@77yangya 

I forget to try the dry oil.  I have a number of bottles, so I need to try it to remove make-up.  I do use the BS facial cleanser, so don't use the CCs as much anymore to cleanse my face.  Every now & then I'll use the 613 when the mood strikes.

I want to see if the 2 cleanses (first with oil, second with cleanser) really lives up to all the hype it gets.

Super Contributor

Yes, I do the two cleanses and have used different oils to remove the makeup.  I try to use something that's not too overpowering in scent on my face.  I really like the summer melon.  It works very well to remove the makeup and then I cleanse with different cleansers, lots of times a goat's milk bar.  It does make a different in my skin.

Honored Contributor

@cac140 wrote:

Yes, I do the two cleanses and have used different oils to remove the makeup.  I try to use something that's not too overpowering in scent on my face.  I really like the summer melon.  It works very well to remove the makeup and then I cleanse with different cleansers, lots of times a goat's milk bar.  It does make a different in my skin.

@cac140 

I love SMM!  I used SHP last night & it did a fabulous job.  I'll try SMM tonight.