WEN

Respected Contributor

has he ever explained his routine? Cleanse? Oils? 319, 613?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chaz's skin care routine?

[ Edited ]

I've heard Chaz mention many times that he uses cleansing conditioner as a facial wash, but he never specifies any particular formula. Not all natural ingredients are non irritating, so it stands to reason that not every WEN formula would be a good choice to use as a facial wash. Chaz may have a different point of view in that regard.  I can't swear to it, but I believe he has mentioned using his oil, but again I do not recall there being a mention of a particular one being better than another for facial moisturizing.    The only one of the oils that I have ever dabbed on my face is Sweet Almond. 

Perhaps others have watched more WEN hours than I do, and/or who use WEN as skincare can chime in with more indepth comments. 

Regular Contributor

I know other Wenners can answer this question better than I can, but I will provide the information I remember Chaz mentioning on-air.  He recommends using any of the seasonals or 319 with the clarisonic. He also recommendations using the oils as a makeup remover and body/facial moisturizer.  He recommends using the RTM as a facial spray. Now that NIBT is available he has suggested using that as a facial/body moisturizer.  

I personally use the RTM in my daily night time routine.  I also use RTM throughout the day on my face. My man uses the CC to cleanse his face in the shower with good results. We both use the CC as a body cleanser.  HTH!

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl I can answer this as I pretty much follow what he does.  My skin is sooooo soft and clear and my pores are much smaller! 

@CoCo87 is correct.  He uses all his  own stuff.  He posted an instagram pic with all 319 and said it was his skincare.  I use 319 cc with my clarisonic, or wvm, to cleanse.  then spray wvm or 319 rtm.  let that absorb, then I ise 319 nbt to moisturize.  I also use pom oil under my eyes.  He uses 319 bc but I just have the cc.  

Respected Contributor

@Thia-Winter  Thank you, I don't know all the acrynams, I know CC is cleaning conditioner but that's about it.

I have the POM treatmetn oil, POM Cleaning Conditioner and 613 Cleansing Conditioner and I have 319 lotion on order and I also have the POM treatment spray too.  I have styling cream but I know that wouldn't be used on teh face.

So out of my stash, could I do it you think?

Maybe 613 Cleaning Cond. to wash my face with then when I get the 319 use that with maybe a drop or two of the oils? I do use the oils in my body lotion and love it and plan to use them with my 319 when I get that too.

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl yes that would do it. The oils are all I used prior to the body treatment (nbt) as moisturizer so you're pretty much set. Your 319 lotion is the nbt I use as my moisturizer.
Super Contributor

I used the pomegranate oil as an all over makeup remover on my face last night after watching the presentation of this and was blown away.  What a great job this does and it really is an aromatherapy experience.  I just splashed water on my face after rinsing it all off with a wet washcloth and my face was super smooth but not greasy at all.  I'm sold on this use of the oil.  Really nice.  Especially this time of year.

Respected Contributor

I've been using Wen products as skincare for awhile now. My routine varies, as my skin seems to get "bored" if I do everything the same way for too long...it starts flaking, just not looking right, etc.

I usually cleanse with Cetaphil, but once in awhile will use a seasonal CC. I used 613 CC when I had some.

For awhile I was mixing 3-4 sprays of RTM with the 319 NBT and applying to my face. Worked beautifully for several months, then I started getting flakes alongside my nose, yet my skin seemed very oily.

Now I'm washing with Cetaphil, then applying 2-3 drops of oil to my very wet skin. Let that soak in a minute before patting dry. Then I spray with 4-5 sprays of a seasonal RTM, and rub that in. At night, apply 319 over that. Daytime, I just apply Laura Geller's Spackle Primer once the RTM has dried. This routine is working very well for now.

I also use a scrub once or twice a week...no particular brand, just Neutrogena or some such from the drugstore.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chaz uses the 613 or 319 Nourishing Body Cleansing Treatment to cleanse his face now. He said he has been using it since he completed it so he could show the results at launch.  Personally, I love this stuff and just increased my AD to a shipment of 2.

He talks about it on the video for the CT:

Nourishing Body Cleansing Treatment

BTW, the 319 option smells like the Intensive Body Treatment not the Cleansing Conditioner so it has the soft hint of lemon instead of a menthol scent.

#IAmTeamWen
Honored Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

Chaz uses the 613 or 319 Nourishing Body Cleansing Treatment to cleanse his face now. He said he has been using it since he completed it so he could show the results at launch.  Personally, I love this stuff and just increased my AD to a shipment of 2.

He talks about it on the video for the CT:

Nourishing Body Cleansing Treatment

BTW, the 319 option smells like the Intensive Body Treatment not the Cleansing Conditioner so it has the soft hint of lemon instead of a menthol scent.

It does still have menthol in there, though, so if you're sensitive to menthol, you may not want to put it on your face. When I go on vacation, I use a WEN CC to wash my face, but if I'm wearing any eye makeup, I'll use an eye makeup remove and avoid getting the WEN too close to my eyes.