WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chaz on Q - spoilers :-)

@Rhema wrote:

Well I'm a new Wen girl - I just found periscope thanks to you guys - but I don't know of any of the other places to connect with.

I started with a discovery bag that had cucumber in it - a little 8oz. Then I bought the 16oz  duo teatree and sweet almond mint. Next I got the round brushes. I was really happy baout the brushes. I have really coarse hair that has lots of body and a bit of wave. And thick hair. I have never found a brush that really puls my hair into it - but these round brushes do great.

So, now I have the Tuscan Pear kit with the 32oz/mask/styling creme - etc. I also bought  the Tuscan Pear duo with the oil ( LOVE the oil) I bought the same kit in vanilla Pumpkin - in spite of the reviews.

I have the 319 serum and texturizing that I am sending back. The texturizing is just sticky and the serum just doesn't do enough for me to justify keeping it for 80 bucks.

Oh, the moisturizing misting spray - I am already addicted to that.

So, this 32oz tsv sounds fantastic!

@RhemaWelcome to Wen!

I'm glad you are trying the products out and finding what works for you. The treatment mist (RTM) is very addicting, I keep a bottle of it, oil and the 319 body treatment (NIBT) next to my bed. Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin (FVWP) has a scent that grew on me, it did so as I LOVE what it does for my hair. 

The TSV is a great value and it offers another benefit... a TSV deal on the summer seasonals. As Chaz doesnt have a TSV during the summer this sweetens the AD option. 

#IAmTeamWen
Contributor

Ha - well I misread and was thinking it was gonna be the pumpklns and tuscan pear as one of the choices. *tear
Not sure what I think about the mint and the currant. But still - 32ox of any of them is a deal not to be missed!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rhema wrote:

Ha - well I misread and was thinking it was gonna be the pumpklns and tuscan pear as one of the choices. *tear
Not sure what I think about the mint and the currant. But still - 32ox of any of them is a deal not to be missed!

@Rhema, yes.. it will be the winter seasonal selection for the TSV. If you search here there are many discussions on the winter seasonal options. Hopefully that will tell you a bit more about them. 

I will say that Winter Vanilla Mint smells like an Andes chocolate mint. I love the scent but I find the formula doesnt give the amount of moisture I need. I mix with 319 when I use it but your needs may be different than mine. Winter Red Currant may be my favorite formula in winter. 

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

@nikki48 - hey there! I agree with you on FVWP as far as performance (my hair does get a nice curl) - the scent, not so much! LOL It still has not grown on me. Riley1

Honored Contributor

@Gussie2007 wrote:

@Souperkrys wrote:

@Gussie2007 wrote:

Souperkrys.  Tea Tree CC and styling cream are great for giving my hair a lot of body and I would use them more often if TT was not toxic to cats.  For some reason I also find it very calming and use this on days that I expect will be stressful (like for jury duty).  The only other CC to have been this calming for me is the Winter Red Currant.  It's been good to have both in my stash.

Thank you for your recommendation! I think I'll get autodelivery and that way get two different sets if I can, one of them being tea tree. I also have cats and dogs, should I worry about using tea tree on my hair with my pets around? 

I'm no expert and have learned from these forums absolutely do not use TT on cats but I think it's okay for dogs.  When I use TT on me, my cat avoids me altogether so I don't think I'm hurting her this way.  Maybe some others can chime-in about using TT around pets.

I have seven cats, I just don't sleep in any product that has TT. Meaning no TT oil scalp treatments overnight. I will do them during the day with my hair up and then wash out before bed. I also make sure and wash my hands well after using any product with TT. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

@Gussie2007 wrote:

@Souperkrys wrote:

@Gussie2007 wrote:

Souperkrys.  Tea Tree CC and styling cream are great for giving my hair a lot of body and I would use them more often if TT was not toxic to cats.  For some reason I also find it very calming and use this on days that I expect will be stressful (like for jury duty).  The only other CC to have been this calming for me is the Winter Red Currant.  It's been good to have both in my stash.

Thank you for your recommendation! I think I'll get autodelivery and that way get two different sets if I can, one of them being tea tree. I also have cats and dogs, should I worry about using tea tree on my hair with my pets around? 

I'm no expert and have learned from these forums absolutely do not use TT on cats but I think it's okay for dogs.  When I use TT on me, my cat avoids me altogether so I don't think I'm hurting her this way.  Maybe some others can chime-in about using TT around pets.

I think using TT oil for your scalp is fine as long as your cat doesn't like to (a) sleep on your head and/or (b) lick your head. Generally mine don't do either of these things, but as all cat people know, it can happen! And I would wash your hands before you pet the kitties too. 

For dogs, I believe someone on here checked with the salon about the % of tea tree in the oil and it's low enough to not be an issue for dogs. I think Chaz even puts some on his dogs. General recommendation seems to be "check with your vet", but again I imagine as long as you wash your hands and don't let your dog lick if off you, it should be fine.

If I was going to sleep it TT oil ( I don't) I'd be concerned about the cats laying on the pillow I slept on, even if it was after the fact. My cats like to lay on my bed pillows and I wouldn't want to risk exposure from any tt oil that managed to get on the pillow. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

Well, I have course, dry hair - and I live in New Orleans, lol. So I am always on the hunt for moisturizing. TBH - I really only think about what the scent sounds like and if it sounds like it would smell good. I actually don't have a sense of smell. I always try to see if my husband will comment on something I've used, but most of the time I have to ask him - so nothing has really struck him yet - that I know of.

Regular Contributor

@sznk wrote:

just watched some of Chaz's periscopes from last night -

on "Last minute!" he said Lip Exfoliator / Treatment set will be on in November - yay!

on "Wen-O-Ween" he was photographing a cute halloween display of Fall cc, re-moist, mousse, sc, text spray, rtm, & oil.  i think it was just a Fall products display, prob not being offered as one kit.

Anyone know what happened to the lip exfoliator / treatment set?  I was really wanting to try this my lips are so dry :-(. Was it onnd I missed it?

Frequent Contributor

i meant to edit this sooner (sorry...) Chaz said the lip kit won't be ready til December so probably will be available on his site (chazdean.com)

u can do a chat on his site and ask about it.

maybe he'll have it on QVC in Feb?

Regular Contributor

@sznk Thanks for the info. Bummer it's not coming out sooner, but glad it will be coming soon.