WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Wenners!  Does anyone with dry hair use Wen Cucumber Aloe?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor
Hi HonnyBrown, my hair is somewhat dry and I have used CA. It didn't dry out my hair, it's just not one of my favorites as it left my hair a little flat.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks BE.

GR sent me a sample and I wanted to know if it would be drying for my hair because it's considered astringent.

Trusted Contributor
I was a little worried about that, too, but it was fine for me. Good luck and enjoy your new formula!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

This was a pleasant surprise!  Maybe because I had low expectations, but for the first use, I was impressed!

I did 2 cleanses.  The first cleanse was very creamy.  From the reviews I've read, it's the most clarifying formula, so I had a mental image of stripped, dried hair.  It actually reminds me of Pantene Curly!

The second cleanse was tingly, like Tea Tree used to be for me.  I love that.  It also rinsed out very easily.

The smell is nice.  It's a fresh, clean scent.

I am going to use it eclusively for the next month to see if the results are consistent.

I hope they are; I like the formula!

Respected Contributor

Very interesting thread.  I was always under the impression that CA was drying.  I only tried the travel packet and may consider purchasing this in a 16 oz. size.  Although, I still have a stash of Wen that I have to use first. 

Honored Contributor

HoneyBrown, I'm glad you had good results with CA!! Smiley Happy

I have thin/fine hair porous hair that is probably somewhat naturally on the dry side. My hair has no natural body to it. 

When I finally purchased a CA TSV, I worried that it would dry out my hair but it didn't. The results are similar to what I get when I use TT. 

CA works just fine for me. I use it every few months .just because it's supposed to be more clarifying. Honestly, I don't notice any difference with CA than with any of the other CCs (from a clarifying perspective), but I just do it anyway. I mean, why not? Smiley Happy

The one CC that does dry out my hair a bit is LAV. Clearly the witch hazel isn't the culpit (both CA and LAV have it). Unfortunately, I think the lavender extract is the culprit which is a shame because chaz uses the expensive, wonderful South of France lavender. I gift the LAV to a good friend and borrow some from her to use as body lotion.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have been using CA exclusively for first cleanse (and sometimes both cleanses) for over a month now and I even ordered 2 gallons. I use the oils every night and I LOVE this for taking the oils out. I'm shocked by how much I love it...

Contributor

Honney, did you scalp feel any cleaner after you used CA, or did it feel pretty comparable to other formulas? I know you said it wasn't drying, which is awesome, but I was wondering if you felt appreciably cleaner. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I had dry hair when I first started using Wen and used CA, it didn't have enough moisture for my hair though. I don't agree with the claim it's for oily scalp and dry hair. That's what I had before Wen and it wasn't the right CC for me. I did much better with TT and Fig then. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval