WEN

Respected Contributor

@untitledsince human skin is naturally acidic, I don't think the argan oil product I used made it worse, but who knows, it might have.  Thankfully, my skin has dulled to a more bronzey orange, but I will for sure dilute out the mist with RTM at least two to one before I put more on my face.  This product is very powerful, a little goes a long way!

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I got my bronzing mist yesterday, and decided to try it on my face, even though I had moisturizer on from that morning.  Goodness knows what would have happened if I hadn't had a little moisturizer barrier!  A few hours later I glanced in a mirror and WOW!  I was looking at The Great Pumpkin who was looking back at me!  Normal washing with Purity and a Clarisonic and a Foreo Luna last night and this morning did nothing to diminish the excessive glow, so I used an enzymatic peel this afternoon, and that has toned it down some.  I will wait a week or more before using it on my face again, and I will use RTM on the brush to dilute it a lot.  I tried a little, spread very thin, on my legs and arms this afternoon, and they aren't turning orange yet, so I don't know why my face did, but if it has the same effect in a week or two, I'll have to give up on it.  My skin tone is so similar to Chaz's, I had hoped I had found a self-tanner I could use on my face as well as arms, legs, etc., but maybe not.

@CamilleP  Oh my just saw this...I don't know about your face, I don't use any self tanner on my face, (not even this one) I know Chaz shows it can be used on the face, I just don't..I use a foundation everyday & that works for me..

I love it on the "rest of me"...I know everyones skin tone picks things up differently, but I don't get any orange look on my arms or legs..Maybe someone else that has used it on there face can help out. I did use it frequently at first to build up to the color I prefer..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@quadmimiI almost never use foundation or even tinted SPF moisturizer, so I was really hopeful this self-tanner would work.  Honestly, there is no other brand of self-tanner I would even consider using on my face, I would only trust Chaz for that.  I know I am going to wait at least a week or longer for my face to fade back to it's normal paleness before I try the bronzer again, and will dilute it significantly.  I did not see the extreme result on my arms and legs yesterday that I saw on my face from the day before, so it's quite possible there was a bad interaction with my facial moisturizer.  I don't know if I use the bronzer first, wait a while, then moisturize, if that would change the outcome or not.  I can't go without moisturizer very often, that I do know.  I also don't know how the 613 dry oil SPF product might interact with the BS bronzer.  I'm not sure how many more experiments I want to try.

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

@quadmimiI almost never use foundation or even tinted SPF moisturizer, so I was really hopeful this self-tanner would work.  Honestly, there is no other brand of self-tanner I would even consider using on my face, I would only trust Chaz for that.  I know I am going to wait at least a week or longer for my face to fade back to it's normal paleness before I try the bronzer again, and will dilute it significantly.  I did not see the extreme result on my arms and legs yesterday that I saw on my face from the day before, so it's quite possible there was a bad interaction with my facial moisturizer.  I don't know if I use the bronzer first, wait a while, then moisturize, if that would change the outcome or not.  I can't go without moisturizer very often, that I do know.  I also don't know how the 613 dry oil SPF product might interact with the BS bronzer.  I'm not sure how many more experiments I want to try.

If I remember right, on the video when CHaz was showing the bronzing mist, had the model spray her face with RTM first, (but said you don't have to)...I think the video of that is still up on the mist..Also you can email Chaz's CS & ask what they would recommend..Hopefully it just didn't work well with your other product..

Maybe someone that has used it on there face can chime in..Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I just replied on another thread about the two different bronzers.  It's pretty much my review of both products (drops and spray), so I'll copy and paste here:

I bought both!  I initially had just the drops and used them.  They worked fabulously for me.  When I received the spray with brush, I decided to try it on the back of my hands, my face, neck and chest.  I sprayed it on the brush and then applied.  I also sprayed some RTM on the brush before I sprayed the tanner.  Everyone told me I had a great tan.  It was even and all parts matched.While I don't know about ingredients, I feel the overall effect is the same for both products.  What I like best is that you really don't have to wait for it to dry and it truly does not rub off!  I have used many self tanners over the years.  All bought from the Q.  All made claims to not rub off and dry instantly.  But none ever truly lived up to those claims.  I was always pleased with the color, but I had to watch what I wore, how soon I got dressed and they ALWAYS came off in the shower.  I notice I can shower and not really lose much color with WEN.  Now, if you exfoliate in the shower, that might take more of it off.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Although, I shouldn't have been. Chaz always brings us the BEST!  Thanks Chaz 🥰

Respected Contributor

@LAMS wrote:

I just replied on another thread about the two different bronzers.  It's pretty much my review of both products (drops and spray), so I'll copy and paste here:

I bought both!  I initially had just the drops and used them.  They worked fabulously for me.  When I received the spray with brush, I decided to try it on the back of my hands, my face, neck and chest.  I sprayed it on the brush and then applied.  I also sprayed some RTM on the brush before I sprayed the tanner.  Everyone told me I had a great tan.  It was even and all parts matched.While I don't know about ingredients, I feel the overall effect is the same for both products.  What I like best is that you really don't have to wait for it to dry and it truly does not rub off!  I have used many self tanners over the years.  All bought from the Q.  All made claims to not rub off and dry instantly.  But none ever truly lived up to those claims.  I was always pleased with the color, but I had to watch what I wore, how soon I got dressed and they ALWAYS came off in the shower.  I notice I can shower and not really lose much color with WEN.  Now, if you exfoliate in the shower, that might take more of it off.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Although, I shouldn't have been. Chaz always brings us the BEST!  Thanks Chaz 🥰

@LAMS 

You are correct.. I have used other brands for as long as I can remember, they always rub off in some fashion..Chaz's bronzing mist is the first I have had that does not!

It stays on in the shower & on the days I use a mitt to do maybe a gentle exfoliate I relapply after..I actually just mix a bit with my lotion for my feet area, other wise I spray the brush & swirl on..I have also noticed I don't get any dry look on my legs as I could at times with others..(I have used it since it came out)  Yes Chaz does bring the best..Smiley Happy