WEN

Frequent Contributor

Re: Bella Spirit Texture Paste

@rochelleS wrote:

@LucysMommy 

First off, try using less, much less as others are too suggesting. I warm the paste in my palms then rub my hands together throughally coating my fingers. With finger spread out or splayed, move along your scalp in a lifting motion along and up from your roots to lightly apply the paste. I start in the front and work my way around. My hands are always moving up and out, away from my scalp. Because my hair is long, I flip my head while applying. So very little is needed to achieve desired results! Less is more with this product. Any product on my palms gets applied in the upward hand movement. I do not rub or press the paste in. My goal is to coat the hair shafts for best results.

Have you ever used any other product like this with positive results or are you new to a texturing item?

We are here to help!

Thank you!  Yes, I'm a product pro but this one has me stumped.  I use the smallest amount and thought scrunching it in would be better today and it wasn't.  I guess the best way I can describe it is that my hair gets "caught" on my palms even before I get the product placed at the root or crown.

I'm going to try it for a few more days and see what happens.

Honored Contributor

@LucysMommy wrote:

i'm strugging using this product.  it's almost too sticky - like hairspray in a paste -- and it makes my hair frizzy.

i use a small amount.  thinking of returning it....which bums me out.  

suggestions?

@LucysMommy 

I’m struggling, too.  I have a few weeks to experiment with it.  I love all my WEN products, but if I can’t use it, then what’s the point of keeping it?  I’ve only used it once, so to be fair, I at least need to give it a week & several combinations of application methods before I throw in the towel.  Shipping was $10.22, so it may make sense to just keep it, rather than lose my shipping + the 6.95 return shipping.

If any other curly girls read this & you’ve been successful with the past, PLEASE chime in.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife 

I can't get the paste to work for me on dry hair either. I tried it again, as I use it on wet hair, with my head/hair flipped over, scrunching my curls that way. My hair was fuller and since I applied it mostly on the underside of my hair I couldn't feel it as I did the first time I applied too much, but my curls weren't enhanced at all. 

I too will continue to experiment with it on dry hair but will keep it to use after cleansing.

I might try mixing the paste and RTM on my hands and scrunching.

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Frequent Contributor

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@SurferWife 

I can't get the paste to work for me on dry hair either. I tried it again, as I use it on wet hair, with my head/hair flipped over, scrunching my curls that way. My hair was fuller and since I applied it mostly on the underside of my hair I couldn't feel it as I did the first time I applied too much, but my curls weren't enhanced at all. 

I too will continue to experiment with it on dry hair but will keep it to use after cleansing.

I might try mixing the paste and RTM on my hands and scrunching.

@SurferWife @Tennessee Vol 

Glad I'm not the only one -- I tried again yesterday and no luck.  Love the fragrance of Bella. I'll call Chaz's place tomorrow and ask for additional help.  But I'm leaning towards returning it Smiley Sad.

Honored Contributor

@LucysMommy 

Please let us know what you find out. I know we all ❤️ Our WEN, but not everything works for all of us all the time.  I have a feeling we need to just wait for the curl cream.  I’m plopping right now & applied the paste on my damp hair.  If it doesn’t work well this way, I have a feeling I may have to gift the second jar this Christmas.  It isn’t worth it monetarily for me to return it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@LucysMommy 

Please let us know what you find out. I know we all ❤️ Our WEN, but not everything works for all of us all the time.  I have a feeling we need to just wait for the curl cream.  I’m plopping right now & applied the paste on my damp hair.  If it doesn’t work well this way, I have a feeling I may have to gift the second jar this Christmas.  It isn’t worth it monetarily for me to return it.

No new suggestions from Chaz's salon.  Sadly, I'm returning.....this is the first product that didn't work for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

My paste duo just arrived. I purchased it for my husband but of course I'll be experimenting.