WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: A HUGE APOLOGY

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma 

I'm so sorry to hear about your shingles situation. You are going through a very difficult time physically and mentally too with the loss of someone close to you.  

Please know many people on these boards enjoy you and your posts!

Get well quick, please!

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@MalteseMommaI am surprised your Dr did not know you had shingles when he saw you & told you to stop using Wen due to menthol....(maybe the Dr should apologize to you for not recognizing this & getting you on meds right away)

.My Husband had this & the Dr knew instantly what it was..(thankfully he went within 2 days of the rash appearing)..Getting the drug within the first couple days is very important.

Hope you will recover soon, it's very painful...so sorry for your loss also..

@quadmimi 

Dr was an emergency doc open on a sunday,he did give me meds.  When I got worse and the shingles went back inside me, I went to my own dr. I have developed a rare,very dangerous  internal trype,old people like me (82) get it,mostly people that have had shingles  before. I have had shingles 2 x already   It is very rare and very dangerous!

@MalteseMommaWell I hope you will feel better & glad you got the meds.

Also that you are with your own Dr now, he will be able to help you better as he knows your health...try & rest also...

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma   I'm sorry you have shingles. You may want to try Aveeno body wash with oatmeal. It's good for hives also. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma - So sorry for the loss of your granddaughter. I can't even imagine the stress you are under.

My hubby had shingles twice and was put on medication immediately. I hope you are getting some relief now.

It was very kind of you to apologize. Riley1

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma  I am so sorry for everything that you are going through.  While you cannot get over your GD death, even with happy memories, I hope that  your bout with shingles is very short-lived.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma How kind of you to think of apologizing, while suffering the almost intolerable pain, of shingles.  This speaks volumes of you as a person.  

I hope you will feel better soon and that you're getting the support you need to cope with your losses and stress load.  

Wishing you wellness, and, hopefully for some joy to return to your life,  in the not too distant future. 

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMommathought of you today. didn't know where else to post.  Hope you have an easy day today.

Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine 

Thank you so very much for your thoughts.

They mean a lot to me and brought tears to my eyes.

I miss my grandaughter very much.She lived here in my home  and we were close  buddies,she was only 45 yrs old.

Things are moving ahead ,although ,slowly......

My shingles are the inside the body type.

Respected Contributor

Re: A HUGE APOLOGY

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@candys mine 

Thank you so very much for your thoughts.

They mean a lot to me and brought tears to my eyes.

I miss my grandaughter very much.She lived here in my home  and we were close  buddies,she was only 45 yrs old.

Things are moving ahead ,although ,slowly......

My shingles are the inside the body type.

Dear MalteseMama,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your grandaughter.  I have heard that shingles sometimes can appear after periods of extreme stress.  You are in my prayers, dear lady.