WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: 9/5 what would you buy if you had no stash. :)

@WenGirl42 Was just coming back to post this info, thanks!

Honored Contributor

My hair is also wavy/curly (it gets curlier every year), naturally dry, and prone to frizz. My staple items are Fig and Tea Tree and if I could only pick one, it would be Fig because my hair really needs the moisture. I am a product junkie and would get bored with only those, so I also buy each seasonal to try out. The Fig and Tea Tree I buy in the gallons.

Key items for me are the conditioning cleansers, oils, remoist, 613, and the replenishing treatment mist. Here's why:

Oils: Versatility! I use some oil in my wet hair because it helps with frizz. I use some on dry second day hair to help prevent frizz. I use oils as a scalp treatment overnight or while I work out. I add oils to my body lotions and hand creams for scent and added moisturue. When I have a sinus headache, I massage the Tea Tree and Sweet Almond Mint oils over my forehead, temples, and cheeks and it helps me feel better.

Remoist: I color my hair, but it's dry even without coloring. I always do an overnight Remoist treatment the day I color and try to fit in a few remoist treatments in between colorings, as well.

613: Like you, I don't do well with too much protein. I use the 613 a day or two before I color because a protein boost is good before coloring. I might also use it a few times during the month, but that's it. A bottle of 613 lasts me a VERY long time, so it's worth it.

Replenishing Treatment Mist: I don't use these on my hair very often because I have another product I like better, but I always have a Sweet Almond Mint mist in my fridge and use it liberally on my face and body in the hot Texas summer. When I walk up the stairs to my apartment and I'm sweaty and gross, a good dousing with the cold mist is so refreshing and the peppermint is very cooling.

I don't use any of the styling products. I've tried them all, but they don't enhance my waves and curls enough and do nothing to prevent my frizz. I use curly hair specific styling products.

Valued Contributor

I would get TSVs in TT, FIG, & LAV. Definitely some ReMoist, 613 CC, and a mousse. I would be all set. I may ponder over a seasonal purchase of FTP items, as I have yet to try and didn't care for FGP scent. Due to my dislike for FGP I was scared to try FAS from the polarizing reviews.
Honored Contributor

Just to defend the VTS a bit, us curly girls (at least this one) find it's great to tame and shape our curls.  If you have wave or curl to your hair, I would definitely suggest trying it at some point.  It does work well for me for that purpose.  The glossing serum is also excellent for that purpose as well.  

Respected Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

I'd just buy my usual Wen kids CC now. I won't be buying the TSV, I mix my own oils so they don't irritate my allergies and I don't use the RTM. I don't really use the core CCs much. 

I finally tried the Wens Kids a couple of months ago and really liked it but haven't purchase anymore but do intend to at some point.  It would be nice if they offered a 3 piece kit with all of the Wens Kids formulas so it would be easier to try them all.  A 6 piece kit that includes all of the formulas in the cleansing conditioner and detangler would be even better.  I would definitely order this if it was offered. 

They should sometimes offer a OTO in the Wens Kids.  They probably have had a special deal of the Wens Kids formulas but it doesn't happen often. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I had no stash at all, I would double up on the TT TSV--maybe even triple because it's such a great deal. I use a lot of TT oil and CC and that makes the deal worth it even if I don't need that much RTM and SC. And I would buy one of the 613 kits that are availabe right now. I don't use it by itself a lot, but the CC is a good mixer and the styling products and RTM are my favorites. The only reason I'm only buying one TT TSV is because I already have a good stash of TT oil. I'd stick with one POM TSV, because it's a great deal and POM is a solid performer for me. I mostly use the seasonals for my second cleanse and styling products, so I wouldn't load up on the cores more than that, no matter how great a deal it is. I prefer the scents and performance of the seasonals. I would also buy one BGT kit because I like the scent and it's a good mixer for me, especially with formulas that have a little too much moisture for my hair.

My plan for Sept. is buy a 16oz of FTP when it comes out to give it a trial. If I end up loving FTP, then I will stock up on it while it's available. If I don't love FTP, then I will probably use a combination of BGT/MIF/613 as my second cleanse through the fall. I don't like the scent of MIF, but I do like the performance. Mixing it with BGT or 613 neutralizes the scent enough that I can use up the 32oz I have (I won't repurchase). Plus, I have some FGP to try from the Dec TSV.

Valued Contributor

If you could stand the wait at Christmas, Chaz had five formulas either core cc or seasonals for a great price. All came in individual packages too.

Trusted Contributor

The TSV on AD, any possible OTOs and whatever's on sale. 

Remember many ,of the products, are multipurpose, so they can be used in a variety of ways. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor

So true I use Six Thirteen to remove my makeup.  Works great without the tugging on my skin and if some of it gets into my hair no worries.

Valued Contributor

Laura14 - I also have curly hair.  Just wondering how you use the glossing serum.  I have it but haven't used it yet.  Thanks.