WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 9/5 what would you buy if you had no stash. :)

[ Edited ]

@Brdwygurl wrote:

Oh my gosh there is so much good information in this thread!! Thank you all so very much. I really need to go back and read carefully and take some notes. So many tips about ways to combine or use the products to get the best results. And lots of good information about products to look it out for on September 5.

I'm relieved to know I was on the right track with getting three of the TSV's. Initially I had 2 on AD and 1 as a single purchase. I went back and converted that single purchase to auto delivery but thought maybe I was going a bit overboard....naaaaaaa

Wenderful info!!

Brdwygurl! Please, please do read and consider my suggestions from above post!

Because they were NOT given from the perspective of "what works for me", what-so-ever!

They come from a perspective of how I would START MY STASH today, with what I know, and with what is AVAILABLE NOW, at very good price deals, and yet, covering all the basis for a beginner to have a lot of Wen to test and use, and at the same time - NOT spend TOO MUCH money, while finding youf favorite Wen!

These suggestions come from my own experience, starting Wen last November and buying EVERYTHING in site, and then some more!

I do NOT regret ANY of my purchases - to me ALL Wen is GOOD, even if I have to mix one CC with another, it will still work fine, and I'll use it all up, while totally enjoying it in a process.

My suggestions rather come from my own experience of SPENDING TOO MUCH TOO SOON!

For example, with Seasonal CCs, does not matter how high the Hype is, I would never go for 32 oz bottles again (in multiples sometimes, from fear it will be sold out), until AFTER I tested them from 16 oz Seasonal Trio Kits.

Today, I would not be buying full price 32 oz core CCs and paying $60 for oil treatments on top of it.

The core CC TSV is a must. You have tried (three, four?) of them. Pick your winners and go for it, maybe in multiples. Here you'll have excellent base of your stash. Right there. Four products in full size + one super-sized, at the price of one oil bottle  - can't get any better then this!

Seasonals is a Creme De La Creme of Wen CCs! But Wenners do love certain scents, and dislike or just poo-poo the others. Seasonal 16 oz Trio Kit is a tester to find your own preferences.

Restorative CCs - amazing! Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) is more moisturizing than Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), but both are amazing, both made with healing, hair strengthening Bamboo Water and extra amino. Right now there is a good deal in a MIF/BGT Duo at $44 (?), with shipping only $3 for both.

The SixThirteen..... aaahhhh. But that is not a must from the start. Most Wenners use it in slightly different way, than regular CC. A little later. Wait for a good 613 special. Besides, with a little more experience with Wen later on, you'll know better how to incorporate 613 in your routine.

Oh yeah! Get a Wen Cleansing Comb for your shower and general hair combing. This one is a MUST!

There are many other amazing Wen products - body creme(s), body washes, styling products and Men and Kids Wen. But that's later. We are talking about Hair Cleansing and Conditioning first.

Esteemed Contributor

You are getting off to a great start with the TSV as others have mentioned.  I would look for "specials" .   I think I saw Wendooters mention the 8 oz Remoist may be available on the 9/5 visit, this is onlynoffered once a year or so so I would pick up at least more likely two.  It's double the size at $1 more.  Last time it wa s$59.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Laura!  I'll have to try it that way and see how it works for my hair.  How many pumps of the serum do you use?

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Brdwygurl wrote:

Oh my gosh there is so much good information in this thread!! Thank you all so very much. I really need to go back and read carefully and take some notes. So many tips about ways to combine or use the products to get the best results. And lots of good information about products to look it out for on September 5.

I'm relieved to know I was on the right track with getting three of the TSV's. Initially I had 2 on AD and 1 as a single purchase. I went back and converted that single purchase to auto delivery but thought maybe I was going a bit overboard....naaaaaaa

Wenderful info!!

Brdwygurl! Please, please do read and consider my suggestions from above post!

Because they were NOT given from the perspective of "what works for me", what-so-ever!

They come from a perspective of how I would START MY STASH today, with what I know, and with what is AVAILABLE NOW, at very good price deals, and yet, covering all the basis for a beginner to have a lot of Wen to test and use, and at the same time - NOT spend TOO MUCH money, while finding youf favorite Wen!

These suggestions come from my own experience, starting Wen last November and buying EVERYTHING in site, and then some more!

I do NOT regret ANY of my purchases - to me ALL Wen is GOOD, even if I have to mix one CC with another, it will still work fine, and I'll use it all up, while totally enjoying it in a process.

My suggestions rather come from my own experience of SPENDING TOO MUCH TOO SOON!

For example, with Seasonal CCs, does not matter how high the Hype is, I would never go for 32 oz bottles again (in multiples sometimes, from fear it will be sold out), until AFTER I tested them from 16 oz Seasonal Trio Kits.

Today, I would not be buying full price 32 oz core CCs and paying $60 for oil treatments on top of it.

The core CC TSV is a must. You have tried (three, four?) of them. Pick your winners and go for it, maybe in multiples. Here you'll have excellent base of your stash. Right there. Four products in full size + one super-sized, at the price of one oil bottle  - can't get any better then this!

Seasonals is a Creme De La Creme of Wen CCs! But Wenners do love certain scents, and dislike or just poo-poo the others. Seasonal 16 oz Trio Kit is a tester to find your own preferences.

Restorative CCs - amazing! Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) is more moisturizing than Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), but both are amazing, both made with healing, hair strengthening Bamboo Water and extra amino. Right now there is a good deal in a MIF/BGT Duo at $44 (?), with shipping only $3 for both.

The SixThirteen..... aaahhhh. But that is not a must from the start. Most Wenners use it in slightly different way, than regular CC. A little later. Wait for a good 613 special. Besides, with a little more experience with Wen later on, you'll know better how to incorporate 613 in your routine.

Oh yeah! Get a Wen Cleansing Comb for your shower and general hair combing. This one is a MUST!

There are many other amazing Wen products - body creme(s), body washes, styling products and Men and Kids Wen. But that's later. We are talking about Hair Cleansing and Conditioning first.

@sonechko  really great advice.. including the MIF/BGT CC duo for $44 and the (hoped for) 3 Seasonals 16oz. CCs trio for around $70-74!!! Smiley Happy

I'm a HUGE fan of the  Wenderful Comb!!!!! If you do pick up the expected soupersize 8oz remoist w/ Wen comb (probably for around $60) theny you'll have your comb as well as the remoist.

As much as the Restorative Line (MIF & BGT) is now my go to CC, one slight caution about this line. -- Some Wenners have found the BGT to be a bit drying. Since they each have the bamboo water & extract , as well as the amino acid complex,, I'm guessing the same might hold true for the MIF. -- I have thin/baby fine hair and they help improve the quality of my hair. -- If you have healthy hair, or thick/coarse hair, then using these formulas... or using them too often can make your hair dry and or brittle. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Bebe!

I agree  with you, that some find BGT drying, but would like to stress out the key word "some", not all. Smiley Happy

Me personally, I can't even say whether it is or it's not drying!  I honestly forgot when I used BGT alone! For me BGT can be a "dry hair primer" on the morning after Overnight Oil Treatment, and thus a first cleanse.

I use it specifically for Bamboo Water and extra aminos. Second cleanse will be either MIF or any other one I pick for the moment, but definitely more moisturizing CC.

Sometimes I add a little BGT to my other second cleanse CC. So, there is plenty of use of it. It smells wonderful too!

So I do highly recommend BGT/MIF duo as they both are "Restorative" and hair strengthening CCs well priced at $44 for a 32 oz total CC as a Duo.

Super Contributor

If I had no stash at all, I would definately purchase the sept. tsv in TT on AD.  TT is a fantastic choice for a first cleanse every time.  With the addition of the sc, oil and rtm, this deal cant be beat and gives you all the essentials you need.  A second tsv choice of fig would also be in order.    Next, I would certainly get summer honey peach on AD, 2 bottles at a time so it would hopefully last until next summer.  Then i'd hit chazs site and get the shp styling cream (2-3 of them) and at least 1 4oz oil and 2 shp rtms.  I'm sort of obsessed right now with shp as it works so well with my hair and smells so heavenly.  Love it!  Then I'd purchase seasonals as they come around.  I havent tried the winter white citrus.  I'll try that one this winter I think. 

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Thank you Bebe!

I agree  with you, that some find BGT drying, but would like to stress out the key word "some", not all. Smiley Happy

Me personally, I can't even say whether it is or it's not drying!  I honestly forgot when I used BGT alone! For me BGT can be a "dry hair primer" on the morning after Overnight Oil Treatment, and thus a first cleanse.

I use it specifically for Bamboo Water and extra aminos. Second cleanse will be either MIF or any other one I pick for the moment, but definitely more moisturizing CC.

Sometimes I add a little BGT to my other second cleanse CC. So, there is plenty of use of it. It smells wonderful too!

So I do highly recommend BGT/MIF duo as they both are "Restorative" and hair strengthening CCs well priced at $44 for a 32 oz total CC as a Duo.

I'm a very happy owner of two of these duo kits. BGT was already my favorite formula (lol, now MIF is *S*), so I just dove in. -- bebe Smiley Happy 

___ 

Best Seller
QVC Price: $49.00Featured Price: $44.46

___

Esteemed Contributor

Woman Happy So.... Any thoughts on getting MIF Gallon anytime soon, Bebe? I think I could live on MIF alone, if I had to.

Esteemed Contributor

......well, and the Tea Tree. MIF and TT, if I had to.

But, Thank you The Universe ------ I don't HAVE TO!!!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Woman Happy So.... Any thoughts on getting MIF Gallon anytime soon, Bebe? I think I could live on MIF alone, if I had to.

sonechko, lol, if I were ever to take the gallon plunge it would be with either Mandarin Italian Fig MIG) or Sweet Orange Blossom (SOB) which is my favorite scent. 

The problem is that I just love using the Seasonal of the Moment so much that I have lot's of opened 16oz CC bottles and it takes me forever to use them up. And I also have a lice stash that I'll be adding to with this upcoming TSV (for the oils).

I have one more shipment of the March TSV (32oz MIF and 16oz 613) coming up and I'll probably order two of them. I'd order more but I already have 2-4 32oz BGT to go through first for my first cleanse. It's all Seasonals, all the time for my second cleanse. and 613 CC for my leave in. 

So, at least for right now, I don't need a gallon of MIF... lol, maybe in a year or two. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy