WEN

Respected Contributor

These are actually too heavy for my hair...does anyone use these 2 formulations for body cleanser?  I have 2 big bottles and have decided not for me. Just bought some Nick Chavez and have been alternating between Nick and Wen...so far so good.

Valued Contributor

@bargainsgirl If you mean the CC, I have used it as a facial cleanser - it feels great and makes my skin very soft.  I haven't, however, used it as a body cleanser (Chaz now has an actual 613 body cleanser).  Unless your hair craves protein and soaks it up, 613 and 319 shouldn't really be used every day (or if used every day, sparingly) as they are more treatment based than the other CC's and loaded with protein; too much of them can be very drying and make your hair feel weighed down.   I only use 613 or 319 once or twice a week, and then only with a couple of pumps added to whatever other CC I'm usiing - it gives my hair an added boost (or, as Chaz says, "like WEN on steroids").  Others use it every day if their hair responds well to the protein.  Hope this helps.  Smiley Happy   

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl When I couldn't use 613 on my hair anymore (and therefore never tried 319), I used it to shave my legs. They've never been so soft!

Regular Contributor

Re: 319 and 613

[ Edited ]

I have used both as body cleanser and lotion and had good results especially during extreme heat and extreme cold (for our area) weather.  For hair cleansing  I like to mix one part of  either 613 or 319 to two parts of my classic or seasonal CC because then it just appears that I have more "there" in my fine hair.  As though my hair is denser or thicker but not at all weighed down.  My hair also has more shine than when I use my classic CC's without 613/319..

Regular Contributor

@Gussie2007 wrote:

I have used both as body cleanser and lotion and had good results especially during extreme heat and extreme cold (for our area) weather.  For hair cleansing  I like to mix one part of  either 613 or 319 to two parts of my classic or seasonal CC because then it just appears that I have more "there" in my fine hair.  As though my hair is denser or thicker but not at all weighed down.  My hair also has more shine than when I use my classic CC's without 613/319..

I should have mentioned I only mix 613/319 on my second cleanse.  My first cleanse is only the classic or seasonal formula for the day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl 
613 or 319 used all by itself to cleanse my hair is too much treatment for my hair. I'll use it as a booster to one of the Wen seasonals or classics. Just a pump or two added to 8 or 10 pumps of other Wen is the right "boost" for me for 2nd cleanse.

I usually use 50% 613 and 50% other Wen as my leave-in. 100% 613 leave-in over treats my hair now, but when I started using Wen I needed more treatment and used a bigger percentage of 613.

Your hair goes through dry winter air, humid hot air, etc. Adjust the Ultra Nourishing "boost" of 613/319 throughout the year as needed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl wrote:

These are actually too heavy for my hair...does anyone use these 2 formulations for body cleanser?  I have 2 big bottles and have decided not for me. Just bought some Nick Chavez and have been alternating between Nick and Wen...so far so good.

There are multiple ways to utilize 613/319 CCs. It is great as body cleanser, shaving cream, facial mask, hand cleanser/conditioner, occasional deep conditioning cleanse, and even if one's hair does not like it straight up for some reason - a pump or two of it still can be added and mixed with another CC.

As to Nick Chavez shampoo, well even though I can't speak for everyone and only for myself, still feel safe enough to say - on WEN forum we use what? Yes - WEN!

Wenners are kinda stubborn "die-hearts", believing in virtue of NOT using the poo in their hair, and not very fond of Nick Chavez products, though many did use or tried it in the past.

This being said, I am glad it works for you well! Smiley Happy