Honored Contributor

Saw this on QVC this morning. Have not heard of this brand, but here is the description:

Pack more and take less with Life Gear's Kompression Kubes. The unique design keeps you organized while helping you fit more in your carry-on suitcase--no need to check another bag!

• Includes two large cubes and one small cube
  • Compression zipper
  • Top pocket
  • Measurements:
  • Large cubes 13-1/2" x 8-1/2" x 5"
  • Small cube 10-1/2" x 6-1/2" x 5"
  • Imported
  • Black, blue, purple
  • Item #V35259
  • $36.24 plus $3.50 shipping; 2 easy pay

v35259.001.jpg

Honored Contributor

I have several of another brand including the "envelope" which allows me to fold shirts and pants and compress them to back easily

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Cubes on QVC

[ Edited ]

I saw the presentation, but they didn't sell me, yet.  Is "Kompression" just in the name?  Not once did they pack clothes into it, they just kept unpacking over and over.  Even the sales video only unpacked.  Unpacking to show how much is inside is OK, but it's much more important to me to see how you actually pack all those clothes inside, and how it's considered compression and not just a regular packing cube.  Did I miss something?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper

The cubes have a zipper around the  perimeter of the cube, which allows you to pack, and zip up and it should take less space  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper

The cubes have a zipper around the  perimeter of the cube, which allows you to pack, and zip up and it should take less space  

Thank you @I am still oxox but once I pack it full, how does the zipper do the compression?  It seems the zipper just holds it down in place, but after I do all the work to stuff my things inside and hold them down while I zip it up.  I get it that once the side zipper is closed the cube is half its size, but it looks like I have to apply all the pressure and hold it down till I get that zipper closed, then the zipper keeps it down to the small size.  There's no tiny/hidden mechanics that remove air so it compresses without me doing all the "compressing."

Respected Contributor

I have these cubes (not this brand, but similar to it), and it is great for organizing.  You put all your undergarments in the small one. And put all all the clothes in the big one...etc.  It's great.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I have these cubes (not this brand, but similar to it), and it is great for organizing.  You put all your undergarments in the small one. And put all all the clothes in the big one...etc.  It's great.

I have those as well @momoftwo2007 and they are great for organizing.  But these are supposed to be different.  These compress your things down to a much smaller footprint so you can store much more inside.  I just cannot figure out how that's different from me using the old storage cubes I have now.  I press down hard to get more inside, regardless of the size of the storage cube and type of zipper I can still press hard to get much more inside. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I see, I didn't know these compresses. Interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper

There are two zippers one to close the bag and one to make the depth smaller

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper

Thank you @I am still oxox but once I pack it full, how does the zipper do the compression?  It seems the zipper just holds it down in place, but after I do all the work to stuff my things inside and hold them down while I zip it up.  I get it that once the side zipper is closed the cube is half its size, but it looks like I have to apply all the pressure and hold it down till I get that zipper closed, then the zipper keeps it down to the small size.  There's no tiny/hidden mechanics that remove air so it compresses without me doing all the "compressing."