Honored Contributor

Travel Chat - September 2017

[ Edited ]

A new month of chatting about my favorite subject...travel! I was just looking over the many threads you all have started and am amazed at the variety of travel interests that have been discussed. I am learning so much from you and have widened my ideas of what to do for trips.

The tips you share have been great. These are just a few:

• Camper traveling, thanks to @gacat123 and the responses you gave her
  • Reading about @JudyL latest adventure in England, Wales, and Scotland
  • Finding out that I am not the only Lug Nut out there (YAY!!!! on the new puddle jumper mini!)
  • Your various travel insurance company suggestions and experiences
  • More than I probably wanted to know about public restrooms while traveling (ha!)
  • Reading that Jersey Shore is not just a place mentioned in a TV program and what to do there
  • Your favorite packing cubes and which ones you feel are better
  • That so many more of you than I thought really enjoy cruises 
  • Hawaiian spiders
  • Traveling with bottles of wine
  • Dining etiquette around the world
  • Processing airline food
  • Amtrak
  • Traveling to your mailbox (must admit this is one of my favorite threads, thanks to @BalletBabe)
  • Tour buses
  • Favorite shoes when traveling

And the list goes on and on!  I am looking forward to what you all will come up with next!

Happy travels everyone and please keep sharing your questions and answers, ideas and suggestions, what to do and what not to do. I love reading them all. I really appreciate that you have kept this a friendly and inviting forum. 

And a big shout out to QVC for listening to our request for a Travel Forum. You rock! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - September 2017

I'm still a few months away from my next trip. In the meantime, I'm enjoying reading where other's are going and hearing about places I've never thought to go before.

Other than JudyL's current trip, does anyone else have travel plans in September?
Contributor

No travel plans for September but One month from today we are going on a week long cruise to the Southern Caribbean and can't wait! We havent been on a cruise in 20 years! So  we will see how it goes!  Its the honeymoon we never had!

Honored Contributor

Wow, have I missed a lot @World Traveler.  I'm not a big traveler due to motion sickness, etc but I enjoying traveling vicariously through others, lol.  I started reading here when the forum first started and then forgot about it.  

Stay you so so much for highlighting what I have missed.  I'll have to go through some of those threads.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@sim2222 wrote:

No travel plans for September but One month from today we are going on a week long cruise to the Southern Caribbean and can't wait! We havent been on a cruise in 20 years! So  we will see how it goes!  Its the honeymoon we never had!

Well then, this will be a super busy month as you get ready!!  Even though I say I'm not gonna do it, I'm embarrassed to admit that I always end up buying several new things for my cruises.  Sigh.

I've only done one Southern Caribbean cruise years ago - I had finally talked my mother into going on a cruise and it was one of our first big trips. It was especially memorable because of that.  I'm sure you will be making your own special memories!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few travel related items on my morning news.  This was particularly interesting...

Apparently there are now suitcases where you can get your own photo put on.  Would definitely be easy to find amidst a group of all black luggage!

IMG_0616.PNG

They were specifically showing suitcases from Head Case (?) on the news. What I find particularly funny about this photo is that, even without seeing the person's face, it seems quite obvious it's not the person on the suitcase.  Or, I hope not!

IMG_0617.PNG

LOL!  I'm not quite sure this is something I'm going to do...

Has anyone actually seen this yet?

Contributor

No Have never seen photo luggage yet. Maybe we will in a month!  Cool idea.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego LOL!!!!! Love it! But I definitely am NOT putting my photo on it. Smiley LOL

Thanks for posting that. Would love to see some other luggage that is unique.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL I have never seen luggage like that before but I do love to travel.  I have a few favorite spots like St. Maarten, Anguilla. 

Hubby and I don't have too much planned this year due to renovations at home but later this year we are going to Hershey, PA for the weekend and Ft. Lauderdale to visit my in laws.

Next year we are going on a seven day cruise to Alaska, my hubby's first and this will be my second the first cruise I went on was suppose to be for five days but turned into eight when we got caught in a hurricane (I forgot the name) that hit Miami so the ship had to stay out by Cuba until it was safe to dock.  It was a crazy time people were getting seasick but I didn't and all of that didn't deter me from cruising again just haven't had the time.

Planning to go to Hawaii maybe in 2019 either cruise or fly.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

Business/Golf/Fun trip planned to Jekyll Island in September. 

It is a small island on the coast of Georgia we are very fond of.  

DH used to have his office yearly staff meeting on this island, lots of good memories.  

We are staying at The Westin Hotel, this is not a camper trip <G>   

I like this Month of Travel Chat!  It's a Good Thing! 

LOVE OUR QVC TRAVEL FORUM! 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT