Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - September 2017

I have a business trip to Phoenix at the end of October. I have been there 5 or 6 times already and I've done Sedona and the Grand Canyon.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Hurricane Irma is currently destroying vacation spots around the Carribean.

I don't know how many times this has happened in the past, but I imagine they rebuild stronger and better every time.

I just read that Robert De Niro is a part owner of a resort in Barbuda.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35  Flying to Phoenix first week of November to tour Sedona, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell and Zion National Park (among other spots along the way). Our first time touring that area. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic

That's a great time of year to go.

I have not done Zion or Lake Powell.  Would love to do that with another person.  I did Sedona and Grand Canyon on my own with day tours.

For me, as a life long east coaster, I was sort of over the rocks by the second day.

When I go to Phoenix now, the first day I am enamored by the mountains and the rocks and the cactus, and then I'm over it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@itsmagic Hope you will report back to us when you return. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Was looking at various ideas for new travel threads and came across several topics. But thought I would check with all of you first and find out what new thread you would like to see started in our Travel Forum.

When you get a chance, let me know of something, perhaps unique, that I can research sometime and then post the information. Or if you already have something in mind and also have the info, please post so we can all enjoy. Smiley Happy

Otherwise, I will just pick something I think would be interesting to know.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler  

You usually find all sorts of interesting travel threads and information to discuss.  <G>

Our conference/ trip to Jekyll Island,GA  is still in wait and see mode due to IRMA.    

* We could have a thread about  TV Armchair TRAVEL?  I like the Rick Steves shows and a new program  *Joseph Rosendo's Travelscope* that is very well done.  I look and set up to record about 2weeks out. Joe just took us all to HONG KONG!  

Keep Calm and Stay Safe Out There, 

CAT

Esteemed Contributor

Oh - I like @gacat113's idea about the travel shows. Does everyone know that Samantha Brown will have a new one on PBS in 2018?

Also, wonder if anyone follows people on social media? I follow several of the tour groups or resorts that I'm interested in. I also follow a few people whom it appears their sole job is traveling around the world and posting about it! Haha - what a life!!
Honored Contributor

I didn't know she had a new show.  I'm very happy about that.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

A co-worker turned me on to Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown.  He's not always my cup of tea, but some of the shows are very interesting.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN