Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - September 2017

@VaBelle35 Is that the same guy who travels around sampling food in various countries? If so, I think I saw it once and thought it was more of a food show than travel; that is why I continued to channel surf. Maybe I should give it another try.

Honored Contributor

There's a focus on food, but also on the people.  He focuses on the people who live there vs touristy stuff.

But if the food is good, then I might want to go just for that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
@Oh - I like @gacat113's idea about the travel shows. Does everyone know that Samantha Brown will have a new one on PBS in 2018?

Also, wonder if anyone follows people on social media? I follow several of the tour groups or resorts that I'm interested in. I also follow a few people whom it appears their sole job is traveling around the world and posting about it! Haha - what a life!!

@Alter Ego

I enjoyed her old European travel shows.

Valued Contributor

@Alter Ego 

Thanks for the Samantha Brown program update!  Let us know when and where! ??  

I also like Anthony Bourdain.  His book Kitchen Confidential was an informative read.  He says go the the bathroom first, if it is dirty the kitchen is worse and you should LEAVE!  

I also listen to a Rick Steve's  TRAVEL radio show on Sunday afternoons and he has a website.   

Our trip to Jekyll Island, GA is in serious question at this point due to IRMA damages.   

We are expecting  CAT 1  winds and storms here in the SW GA area tonight and Monday.  

Keep Calm and Stay Safe Out There, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

Attention Lug Nuts!

Looks like there will be a Lug presentation later today, 9/11. Can't resist recording it to see if there is anything new that I may want to add to my collection.

Honored Contributor

So, did anyone buy anything today during the Lug show today, 9/11? I saw the Hopscotch for the first time. I like it, but not enough to purchase it. Looks more basic in style and organization. Let us know if you purchased it and what color.

Am looking at my PJ Mini again, which I got today. Am so, so glad that I got the black dot, as I know I will use it even when I am not traveling. The black makes it more usable for me than if I would have gone for one of the brighter colors.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

The Black Dot Mini PJ sounds great!  I am happy with the Pink Camo Mini PJ.

We were on high weather alert here most of the day, hurricane mess and I did not even get to see QVC.  We are OK in SW GA, lots of wind and rain most of the day. 

I will check out this new LUG  HOPSCOTCH offer online QVC video.  

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@gacat123 Yes, tell me what you think of the Hopscotch. To me it is quite different from the regular Lug stuff, 'cuz it doesn't have the outside pouches that stick out. More streamlined. Not sure I would have recognized it as a Lug product if it was just standing by itself somewhere.

Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego  Thanks for the heads up re Samantha Brown on PBS in 2018. I loved watching her shows on the travel channel several years ago and really missed them when they stopped.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Just checking in to see how you are doing. Imagine you are back at work by now. You were heading home the last time you posted, Sometime after you are rested up, we would like to hear more about your trip.

Hope all the issues at home were taken care of before you returned. Heart