Super Contributor

We have visited Key West area severa times.We usuall stay in the Tavern area. About half way to Key West. Thinking about changing resrts  Any suggestions?

Occasional Contributor

I don't know what your budget is but Hawks Cay or Cheeka Lodge are both very nice. 

Honored Contributor

We've been to Key West once, for my husband's nephew's wedding. We stayed at the Southernmost Beach Resort.  The rooms were lovely but you did need a car to get to the center of activity in the town.

Word to the wise, do not get married on the beach in Key West in March.  It was freezing.

Super Contributor

We visited Key West this past January and rented a house with a pool.  BEST decision we made.  We never took the car out -- walked everywhere -- no hassle with traffic.  Do not assume it is too expensive.  Check it out.  

Respected Contributor

I am going and staying at the Crown Plaza, has anyone stayed there? Nice? Close to everything?

Any suggestions on what to do? I will be there 3 days with a friend that is on a limited budget. What shoiuld we absolutely not miss?

Is the trolly tour worth the money?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I was there twice once more than 20 years ago we stayed at a cute B and B with a pool, it was February and the weather was rather changeable and the we were there on a cruise,  Mallory Square was totally different but we still had a great time.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

I am going and staying at the Crown Plaza, has anyone stayed there? Nice? Close to everything?

Any suggestions on what to do? I will be there 3 days with a friend that is on a limited budget. What shoiuld we absolutely not miss?

@happygolfcartrider  I think the trolly tour is worth the money.  It takes you all over the island and you learn a lot about the history.  I also recommend seeing the sunset ceremony.  It's free and on the dock every evening just before sunset.  There are lots of different performers and artists.  It's a little offbeat but that's Key West.  Enjoy your trip.    

Respected Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

@happygolfcartrider  I think the trolly tour is worth the money.  It takes you all over the island and you learn a lot about the history.  I also recommend seeing the sunset ceremony.  It's free and on the dock every evening just before sunset.  There are lots of different performers and artists.  It's a little offbeat but that's Key West.  Enjoy your trip.    

@cotton4me Thank You so much for these tips! We will do both!Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Key West area

[ Edited ]

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza La Concha a few years ago, and it is a very nice hotel right in the heart of things. You can walk most everywhere you want to go. I have never taken the trolley tour, so I can't comment on it.