Contributor

We are going on our first cruise with Holland in July that includes land travel for 3 days.  Anybody have any good advice for what to pack?

Frequent Contributor

MAKE SURE YOU PACK SNEAKERS,RAIN JACKET AND UMBRELLA HOPEFULLY YOU WON'T NEED RAIN WEAR WHEN YOUR IN ALASKA. WENT TWICE ONLY NEEDED ONE DAY BUT IT'S GOOD TO HAVE IT.  I REALLY WANT TO GO AGAIN IT  IS 

SO BEAUTIFUL.

Respected Contributor

We are as well.  GOing with Tauck in July.  8 days on land and then 7 on Princess with land stops.  I'm also interested in what to bring.   It's my very first cruise.

Esteemed Contributor

We went on an Alaskan cruise in July several years ago.   You will absolutely love it!

I recommend bringing clothes you can layer.  A good warm sweatshirt is a must.......comfy sneakers and a light rain jacket.   It can be surprisingly cool there even in the middle of summer.   It truly is a  different  world there, ENJOY!

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1

I've traveled with Tauck many many times, best company!!

Honored Contributor

Bring some gloves as your hands can get very cold on the deck of a ship that's underway.  Also bring binoculars if you have some. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@nyc1

I've traveled with Tauck many many times, best company!!

@LindaSal   We did the Classic Italy Small Group trip with them Oct/Nov 2016 and it was incredible.  Met some great people. We are going to Alaska with a couple we met on the Italy trip.  Also booked for Hawaii in 2018!   Where did you go with them?

Super Contributor

I agree with the great advice you have gotten, especially @Kachina624...Bring gloves! We were there in August and the high in Juneau was 49 degrees!

Hope you booked an outside cabin. Nothing like watching the baby seals and icebergs from inside a warm cabin or on your balcony drinking a hot beverage. Absolutely beautiful scenery and the people in Alaska are lovely!

Have a fabulous vacation!!!

Valued Contributor

@rhine. Where are you going for the land part? I live in Fairbanks, and July can be cool or rainy. Some years it is sunny and warm. As others have suggested, it's best to take layers with you. Also lightweight gloves, as it could be cool weather. Lightweight vest also, so you can adjust layers. Recommend a head band to keep ears warm. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

We are going 10 day land starting in Anchorage including 2 days in Denali. It's with Alaskan Tour Guides and limited to 15 people. They gave us a recommended packing list and agrees with what you said. Ours includes a boat out to the glaciers, river float, all day Denali, first class ride on the glass top train from Denali back to Anchorage. There is enough free time to chose helicopter rides, Class 11-111 rafting, small plane ride and more. 

We just don't do cruises. Last year we tried to put a land trip together on our own but this should check off all the boxes.

End of summer let's give reports!