Valued Contributor

Ever heard anyone having chest pain only in airplanes ?

The first time( 3 years ago)  I had chest pressure for 6 hours until the plane landed.The EKG didn't detect any problems.

I attributed it to stress,because my mom's housekeeper wanted to quit the night before.She was trying to get more money, like she did many times before.

Last summer flying back from Italy again,during the last 30 minutes I woke up having chest pain.

I knew we were landing and the pain would stop.I am flying to Italy next month so I am having a stress test done next week.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever heard anyone having chest pain only in airplanes ?

What about pulmonary function tests?  Ask your doc about that.

Honored Contributor

Go for check up and tell your doctor about these episodes but if those are the only two times you have experienced those things; it's just stress from travelling.  It doesn't mean you are afraid of flying,  it means that the whole process for packing and getting to the aiport and boarding is a stressful experience.

Esteemed Contributor

i think likely yes, @Bibione .

My friend's asthma is sometimes affected by changes in air pressure in the plane, ascent & decent.

Honored Contributor

I don't get chest pain but as soon as they shut the door, I get terrible swelling in legs and feet.  It's the only time I get this swelling.  I must wear compression hose or my legs are still painful and swollen for several days.  Doctor says it's due to poor air quality on planes.  That might be OP's  problem too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

The day prior to flying the second time I had to move my mom in Italy in a different nursing home.Tons of paperwork etc. She hated the new place and she was very mad at me.

The next day I got up in Italy at 4.00 to catch a taxi to the bus station.After the bus took us to the Venice airport,we boarded 2 planes.

This is a trip I have taken about 35 times,so it shouldn't be a problem.

I also get swollen ankles after the 20 hour long trip.I go to a pool before I fly and move my legs under water,It helps my blood circulation.