Esteemed Contributor

DH and I are going to New Orleans next week, so excited. We are only going a few days so we are just taking carry on luggage. My question is, can I put a curling iron in a carry on?  Thank you in advance for any responses.

If you have any advice or recommendations to go to, see or restaurant I would love it. Can’t wait to go to Cafe Du Monde! 

Thanks again for any responses. Have a great day. 

Honored Contributor

Yes according to the TSA website

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I put a flat iron in my carry on and have never had a problem. 

Trusted Contributor

Now you can know all of what’s allowed in carry on versus checked baggage.  There’s a search box on th page: put in ‘curling iron’ and it shows both corded and cordless irons are allowed in carry on, but only the corded (non butane) type allowed in checked bags. 

Every item covered alphabetically :

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/all

Have a great trip. Tell us all about it when you get back.  Safe travels!

Valued Contributor
We are in New Orleans now. Check the weather and if you see thunderstorms make sure you have a raincoat (preferably with a hood) and shoes that will withstand A LOT of water. We were out with our friends today and got DRENCHED. Everything we were wearing — pants — rain jackets — shoes — were soaked through. The blow dryer came in very handy! It took a long time but our clothes are drying out. Yesterday was sunny and gorgeous. I hope you have THAT weather for your trip! Have fun!!
Esteemed Contributor

@judy0330  So sorry you got soaked liked that!  We have packable raincoats and mini umbrellas. Thanks to all for the info. ❤️

Respected Contributor

@godi  Try the Central Market for muffulettas (New Orleans round hoagies). You can buy a half or a whole one. They’re delicious! 

Honored Contributor