Super Contributor

Can someone who lives in California Anaheim area tell me what the temp are in June? We are going to DisneyLand

Do you have hign humidity

Esteemed Contributor

Re: California weather question

@crazered 

I live in Riverside county, but I worked in Orange County (Anaheim) is a city within the OC, for years. No, we do not have high humidity out here.

In June our weather is typically warm.  I would make sure to double check the weather about a week before coming out just to make sure that we have not flipped from warm to uncomfortably hot.  

Contributor

It is usually warm in the 70s and 80s, and rarely is it humid in the LA/OC area.  I would dress lightly and comfortably for your visit to Disneyland.  It could get a little chilly (60s) in the evening so maybe carry a light sweatshirt or sweater.  Don't forget to stay hydrated, and wear your sunscreen, but most importantly, have fun!

Honored Contributor

@crazered   Google knows everything.  Just ask.

Screenshot_20220401-130542_kindlephoto-539835076.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I find the temps inside Disneyland to "feel" warmer than outside the park. I would plan for it to be hot.   I would wear shorts and shoes without socks or a really comfortable sandal.  If it's really hot, we go on the rides that get you wet to cool down.  You can take a light sweater, but probably won't use it.

I live in central CA, but have been to Disneyland often.  The temps there are often not much different from where I am.  Humidity should be low, but temps can vary a lot in June.  Last year it was very hot in CA in June.  I have been to Disneyland in April and it was in the 90's and in September when it was 100's.  

Respected Contributor

No high humidity in Southern California.

Generally speaking....June is a month in which it can be cool and gloomy in the morning (which Californians call "June Gloom") and warm in the afternoon, so you would need a light jacket if out in the mornings but be able to put it away for the afternoon.  I would not recommend shorts, but crop pants and very comfortable shoes would be good.  

Esteemed Contributor

@crazered- We've had record heat waves for the past few years, so summers are very warm- it can get well into the 90s and above.  As another poster said regarding June gloom- the marine layer keeps the mornings from being scorching.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazered  So Cal also gets until early July (usually ends around July 4th) June gloom. June gloom also some May gray is overcast and quite cool until about noon. They the clouds burn off and it gets warm pretty fast. But there are times where it can and does last all day. People who don't know are often surprised by that. Also do a lot of research into Disneyland right now. Subs(Finding Nemo) are down indefinitely, Tarzan's treehouse down indefinitely, Pirates is closed right now along with major refurbishment on the brickwork to open up New Orleans Square, Toontown the whole land is closed for one year. That alone ate up a lot of people that now put them into ride lines. Don't get me started on the reservation system to get into the parks then Genie, Genie+ and Lightning Lanes. Expect to live on your phone the entire time. Good news Fantasia show and Electrical Light parade are coming back this summer. Yeah we book Dollywood and a trip to Maui this summer instead of the mouse.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazered @Read the post here about all the closed sections from Nancy Drew. Half the park attractions are closed. You can give them a call to see what is going to be open. 

It's warm in the daytime, fine for shorts or lightweight pants and tops. After dark, it cools down and you might need a lightweight jacket or topper. It can get smoggy. Humidity is low. It can get smoggy there. 

Occasional Contributor

It's 60-80 F