Respected Contributor

@just bee @Kachina624 

Thanks so much for the information    wherever I retire I will be moving alone.   I'm looking at 55+ communities because I want a choice of activities to make it easier to meet a variety of people. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    I had one too, very low.  I wonder if was the same one?  It was dark colored, couldn't make out the design.  I was in bed but alerted when my dogs barked at the sound before they saw it.

Part of the enchantment.

Just had a brief but wet shower.

@Kachina624 

It's glooming up here in Paradise Hills -- lots of thunder.  Rain coming our way from the West.

Best view of balloons I've had in some time.  Flying so low I could hear the conversation in the baskets!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee    Where else can you lie in bed Sunday morning and watch balloons float over head?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@just bee @Kachina624 

Thanks so much for the information    wherever I retire I will be moving alone.   I'm looking at 55+ communities because I want a choice of activities to make it easier to meet a variety of people. 

@Travone 

Are you planning on a canine roommate?

If so, access to the bosque is a plus. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    Where else can you lie in bed Sunday morning and watch balloons float over head?

@Kachina624 

I was in the yard with the dog.  In my sleepwear.

We're very casual here @Travone.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Here's our rain! Heart

Valued Contributor

My husband and I went their prepandemic and enjoyed eating at the 66 diner on Route 66.  Fun place with great burgers!  I'm going there this fall and looking forward to revisiting.  Also, if you can take a balloon ride, they are fantastic!

Respected Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@just bee @Kachina624 

@Travone  I am very interested to hear where you have visited and what your thoughts are (including what you think after this trip).  I'm just starting to think about this now too although not sure when I will be retiring. Where are you living now?

Honored Contributor

@catmama wrote:

My husband and I went their prepandemic and enjoyed eating at the 66 diner on Route 66.  Fun place with great burgers!  I'm going there this fall and looking forward to revisiting.  Also, if you can take a balloon ride, they are fantastic!

@catmama 

Route 66 Diner, Albuquerque, New Mexico | The Route 66 Diner… | Flickr

Haven't been there in years, but I do remember the shakes. Heart

Ditto on the balloon ride.  We were fortunate, when we first moved here, to have coworkers who were balloonists and were invited to join the crew.

I have a problem with heights but had no issue with that in a balloon.

Respected Contributor

@just bee. I LOL about your comment about being in pajamas in your backyard.   I looked at a place in Mesquite Nv, and the backyard were all open....I ruled it out because if I want to wear my pajamas in my backyard I don't want to worry that my neighbors are having a party. Woman Very Happy