Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

I will be heading to Albuquerque for a few days later this week.   Any favorite restaurants, coffee shops etc that I should try to stop in?  The places you would miss the most if you moved out of the area.

Thanks!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Just FYI - I really loved Old Town Albuquerque . 

Occasional Contributor

I have lived in ABQ my whole life!  Best breakfast burrito to go: Golden Pride (#9 burrito is my favorite), best inexpensive breakfast: The Frontier (dpwn by Univ of NM), best NMexican food: Eloy's (#1 combination plate) or Sadie's.  New Mexico green and red chile rock (I am partial to green)!  Enjoy your trip!

Respected Contributor

@oracle. Thank you so much.  This is just what I was looking for.

@Effie54. I  like old town also and will definitely fund time to visit that area, but I  love the locals suggestions. 

Thank you both.❤

Honored Contributor

@Travone    I'm not a very good person to ask about restaurants since I rarely eat out.  When I take visitors to Old Town, location of all the interesting shops, we always eat lunch at the Church Street Cafe.  It's supposed to be the oldest building in the 300+ year old city.  Good taco salad.  It's in the alley directly behind the church.

I like to eat dinner at El Pinto which was originally an old hacienda and has a large outside patio for dining.  Lots of ambience but average food.  Also The Range Cafe is very good.  They have several locations.

For a special evening, ride the tram up to the crest of the Sandia Mts. right on the edge of town and eat at the new Ten 03 Restaurant. Gorgeous views.  Reservations required.  Ride down to the sight of city lights after viewing the sunset.  Really spectacular.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  DH and I returned from a bus trip three weeks ago. The only thing we couldn't do as scheduled was the tram 🚋. It was down for maintenance. Bummer!!

The traffic is horrendous. Glad we weren't driving. @Travone 

Go to Santa Fe too if you get a chance.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 thanks for the suggestions.   When I'm in old town I will look up these suggestions. 

@OKPrincess Santa Fe isn't on my agenda this trip. But I do love that city. I'm only in town for a few days checking out some 55+ active communities.   Still trying to decide where I want to retire to in a few years. 

Honored Contributor

@Travone   My parents retired here after much research so I then retired here too to help them, as they both became legally blind with Macular Degeneration.  They're both gone now so I'm here alone but I like it better than anywhere else I've ever lived.  It's kind of quirky but you get used to it.

I don't live in any senior community but in Rio Rancho which has two senior centers.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Kachina624 thanks for the suggestions.   When I'm in old town I will look up these suggestions. 

@OKPrincess Santa Fe isn't on my agenda this trip. But I do love that city. I'm only in town for a few days checking out some 55+ active communities.   Still trying to decide where I want to retire to in a few years. 

@Travone 

No shortage of 55+ communities in the area.  In fact, another Overture community is under construction here on the Westside, walking distance from the bosque.

Check out Overture Andalucia at Coors Blvd. and Montaño.  Close to the river and views of the Sandias, too.

There were nine hot air balloons over our house this morning if that counts for anything. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee    I had one too, very low.  I wonder if was the same one?  It was dark colored, couldn't make out the design.  I was in bed but alerted when my dogs barked at the sound before they saw it.

Part of the enchantment.

Just had a brief but wet shower.