Respected Contributor

A hotel in NYC? I will have to get to Central Park from it.

Does anyone have a great recommendation for me?

Trusted Contributor

Re: A hotel in NYC? I will have to get to Central Park from it.

Marriot Marquis is in the heart of Time Square and about a mile from Central Park.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

The Essex House sits on the southern side of Central Park. It is now the JW Marriott Essex House. We have enjoyed staying there.

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1 Now, it's been a few years but we liked The Millennium Hotel. Great views, nice rooms, close to most everything. I believe it was about a 15 minute walk to the Park. 

Respected Contributor

Expedia is giving me flights on American Airlines & a room at The Westin from 7/13-7/16 for $1800?

Frequent Contributor

We always stay at the Omni on 52nd street.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I first saw this I thought she meant she might have to sleep on the ground in Central Park, as a joke.  When I saw one of the quoted rates, it didn't seem like such a bad idea.  Yikes !  I was in NY twice for business many years ago, like the 80's, and I think our rates were less than 100.00.  My boss wasn't exactly extravagant with lodging out of town.  Those were the days when Motel 6 was really 6 dollars and Super 8 was really 8 dollars.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4birds We've been thinking of staying there.  I'm assuming you're referring to EAST 52nd street.  Prefer to be on the east side rather than Times Square or Herald Square.  What is it you like about it?  We typically stay at a Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn.

Trusted Contributor

Someone from out of town just stayed at the Park Central Hotel and liked it a lot.  The price was $179/ night.  Check out their website.  

Respected Contributor

Central Park is big. Are you going to just one event there? Many times over your stay?

If just one time, pick a hotel you like in a neighborhood you prefer and just take a taxi for the event. No big deal.