Respected Contributor

ZTE Android Tracfone Activation

I bought this for my husband from HSN and I am ready to activate it tomorrow for him. I have the directions and will transfer the phone number he has now. Did anyone buy it from HSN? I wanted to know if the triple minutes will automatically be on it when activated? I believe they will and then I will have Tracfone port over his minutes on his old phone also. If they 

don't I will call back and they will do it. It looks like you no longer have to call a special number- like they used to have us do- to get them. It says to activate after set-up "*22890" and I think I did this with my last Tracfone also.

It has been a while since I have set any Tracfone up. This will be his last for a long time. This flip phone is a big update for him. My question never got answered on the HSN forum. If anyone knows any hints and has any I would appreciate it. My husband likes the flip phones as he doesn't scratch the screen and doesn't dial by mistake. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: ZTE Android Tracfone Activation

Hi MKR. I don't know the answer to your question but am considering this smart flip phone for my husband for the very same reasons you bought it for your husband. Seems the reviews have been good for this phone. I'd be interested in knowing how he likes it. 

Super Contributor

I have bought several tracfones through the years and a recent LG Premier from HSN.  Use the blue card that says 'Welcome Guide' and follow those directions - they work!

I did the activation online (there is also an 800#).  the information requested of you includes the hsn item#,  the serial# of the new phone (the only thing you need from the red activation card), and if you want to transfer your old phone#.  

That's it...when the phone# is transferred your remaining minutes, data, texts and service days remaining will also be transferred.

Hope your husband likes the new phone!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MissMaggieMoo This phone is very nice and not heavy as some posted under the reviews on HSN. I will post back after I activate it. I will charge it in the morning and play around with it before I activate it tomorrow afternoon.

@namaste000 Thanks. I read the Welcome Card and it seems a lot easier to activate than a few years ago when I got the LG41C Tracfone Ultimate 2 phone. I love mine and unless I see a better one I will keep it. It activates pretty quickly 

usually in about 1-2 hours and sometimes sooner. We have used Tracfone cell phones for about 15 years and never not been able to have service and excellent service. My husband has over 1 year service left and 1243 minutes so he will be set after they all get them transferred over. My son lives in Dallas and they text back and forth during races and football games. My son is moving in the next few days to Buffalo,NY and he will only be three hours away. I am excited. He said he was moving closer to home to spend more time with his family. He has been very worried when I was sick over the last several months but I am doing great lately. What a nice son. 🙋🏻 Thanks again.

Super Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I bought this for my husband from HSN and I am ready to activate it tomorrow for him. I have the directions and will transfer the phone number he has now. Did anyone buy it from HSN? I wanted to know if the triple minutes will automatically be on it when activated? I believe they will and then I will have Tracfone port over his minutes on his old phone also. If they 

don't I will call back and they will do it. It looks like you no longer have to call a special number- like they used to have us do- to get them. It says to activate after set-up "*22890" and I think I did this with my last Tracfone also.

It has been a while since I have set any Tracfone up. This will be his last for a long time. This flip phone is a big update for him. My question never got answered on the HSN forum. If anyone knows any hints and has any I would appreciate it. My husband likes the flip phones as he doesn't scratch the screen and doesn't dial by mistake. Smiley Happy

@MKR14 Please be advised that the phone will automatically have triple minutes upon the activation. This is good for the life of the phone. If you wanted to keep the number and the remianing airtime from his old TracFone, you may process the transaction online at www.tracfone.com or by calling us at 1-800-867-7183. Business hours is Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Activation instructions will be provided once activation is processed. Thanks. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@namaste000 wrote:

I have bought several tracfones through the years and a recent LG Premier from HSN.  Use the blue card that says 'Welcome Guide' and follow those directions - they work!

I did the activation online (there is also an 800#).  the information requested of you includes the hsn item#,  the serial# of the new phone (the only thing you need from the red activation card), and if you want to transfer your old phone#.  

That's it...when the phone# is transferred your remaining minutes, data, texts and service days remaining will also be transferred.

Hope your husband likes the new phone!

Hi @namaste000 Yes. You are correct. The remaining minutes and service days from the old phone will be transferred together with the phone number. Feedback from our customer is very important to us. If you need further assistance in the future, you may call us at 1-800-867-7183. Business hours is Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thanks ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@MissMaggieMoo This phone is very nice and not heavy as some posted under the reviews on HSN. I will post back after I activate it. I will charge it in the morning and play around with it before I activate it tomorrow afternoon.

@namaste000 Thanks. I read the Welcome Card and it seems a lot easier to activate than a few years ago when I got the LG41C Tracfone Ultimate 2 phone. I love mine and unless I see a better one I will keep it. It activates pretty quickly 

usually in about 1-2 hours and sometimes sooner. We have used Tracfone cell phones for about 15 years and never had no service and excellent service. My husband has over 1 year service left and 1243 minutes so he will be set after they all get them transferred over. My son lives in Dallas and they text back and forth during races and football games. My son is moving in the next few days to Buffalo,NY and he will only be three hours away. I am excited. He said he was moving closer to home to spend more time with his family. He has been very worried when I was sick over the last several months but I am doing great lately. What a nice son. 🙋🏻 Thanks again.

Hi @MKR14 We consider your comments and we always welcome the opinions you express regarding our quality, technical procedures, products and overall service. Rest assured that we are doing our best to provide you the best service possible and we are continuously working on improving and expanding our products and services. If you need further assistance in the future, you may call us at 1-800-867-7183. Business hours is Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thanks. ^Tiffany

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Tracfone Team. I suggest Tracfones to all my friends and that is the only phones would buy. The phone number on my Welcome Card is different than the one listed. Should I use the one on the Card? I am going to activate the phone shortly and just wanted your opinion. I never expected a reply from the Tracfone Team and do appreciate the answer for me and for others that may have the same question. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Activated the Tracfone for my husband and it took an hour to port everything over. It took a little longer to activate as I had to shut each phone off and on while doing so. It ported all his old minutes and the ones that came on it from HSN.

I did end up using the number on the HSN card. No problem. I am not sure if my husband won't get frustrated figuring it out as he has never used any Android based electronics before. If in a week he is still frustrated I will get a new Sim card for his old Tracfone and transfer his number back. He knows change isn't always all bad. The phone itself took a while after it activated as the CS Rep made sure it got calls, you could make calls, the camera worked and you knew how to send a photo attachment and messaging all worked. I set-up a Google Account for him if I needed to put an App on it. I did download the Tracfone App as you had to go online to get your minutes,text, and data. All in all he probably will like it in a few days. He doesn't use the computer or iPads so this is new for him. Smiley Happy 

Super Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

Thank you Tracfone Team. I suggest Tracfones to all my friends and that is the only phones would buy. The phone number on my Welcome Card is different than the one listed. Should I use the one on the Card? I am going to activate the phone shortly and just wanted your opinion. I never expected a reply from the Tracfone Team and do appreciate the answer for me and for others that may have the same question. Smiley Happy

@MKR14 You are welcome. You may use the number on the welcome card. If you are having issues, you can call us at 1-800-867-7183. Business hours is Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thanks. ^Tiffany