Frequent Contributor

I am debating whether I should buy the Rowenta TSV. I have never owned this brand before. I've heard good things about the Rowenta and I like the fact that it's made in Germany. It seems a bit heavy, especially for using the upright steam feature but I like the 8-ft. cord and the number of vents.

To Rowenta owners out there: how do you like your Rowenta? I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad about this iron or the brand in general. Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

I love my Rowenas.  I've had them for years.  I bought the first ones from Costco at least fifteen years ago and still have one of those originals (I bought two at one time--one for home and the other for our vacation home.)

I got a higher end model a couple of years ago from QVC when it was a TSV.  I did have a problem with the steam feature, but it was within in the guarantee period.  I called Rowena and they sent me a shipping label to a local repair shop.  It was fixed and send back to me within two weeks and I've not had a problem with it since.  No charge, of course.

I wouldn't consider another brand of iron.  These work so much better than what I've gotten in the past.  These actually have real steam whenever you want it, not like the cheaper brands.  They can be somewhat heavier than those brands, but I don't find that much difference.  I highly recommend them.  And if you're unsure, in my opinion it would be worth the return fee to try it out for a few weeks and return it if you decided it didn't work for you.

Honored Contributor

I'm doing much better with my cheapie Black & Decker than I did with the Rowenta that I had before that.

Valued Contributor
I had a Rowenta, the problem that I had with mine was that it leaked liked crazy all the time!!! I eventually just stopped using it, and got a cheap one.
Respected Contributor

I have the burgundy color.  The thing I don't like about this iron is that you can't see the water level due to the dark color.  You have to use a measuring cup to fill it in order not to overfill.  And this thing uses lots of water.  Seems like I'm constantly filling it.  The steam is really hot, in fact I burned my thumb the other day while holding something and getting close with the iron.   It does a great job tho.  I really like the pointed nose.

I did some research on these irons before purchasing.  The irons that are made in Germany don't have as many complaints about them.  The cheaper models are made in China.  I did hesitate to buy the iron because years ago I had two Rowenta irons that quit working after one year.  The thermostat quit working on both.  I contacted the company and they offered to replace them for $35 plus shipping.  That was almost the same price I paid for them.  Bottom line, yes I'd buy it again if you don't mind not seeing the water level very well.

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE my Rowenta iron!  I used to hate ironing until I finally purchsed this iron. First, it is not heavy.  It's the right tool for the job! The vertical steam option is worth it alone. even if you don's iron.  I only wish that I would have purchsed one sooner. They last and last. Mine is over ten years old and I would love to upgrade with one. I'm tempted......  

Honored Contributor

I really like Rowenta, BUT - with caveats.  Make sure the one you are purchasing was made in Germany, not China.

I have two 'made in Germany' Rowentas.  One of them must be between 12 and 15 years old.  The other one I purchased several years ago.  Both work perfectly and have been the best irons I have ever had.

(don't ask why I bought another one - I have no idea but it was attractive and I got sukked in)  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've used Rowentas for years - I wouldn't iron with anything else.  One reason they're great is because they ARE heavy - you don't have to press down as hard - makes ironing effortless.  

Super Contributor

I had a Rowena...it constantly spit water, then took forever to heat up, then died after a couple years. I'll stick with my Shark for $20

Super Contributor

I am not a Rowenta iron owner, but have family members that own and rave about them. I think this model looks great! I love that it's 1800 watts.  It seems very powerful.