Honored Contributor

Re: What's the real "incentive" of a TSV - Why can a TSV can be cheaper two months later?

@shopperqvc- You summed up exactly how I feel about the changes.  I no longer worry about staying up to see what the TSV is.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's the real "incentive" of a TSV - Why can a TSV can be cheaper two months later?

I can't remember the last time I bought a TSV.  I think it was about 10 years ago and it was a Dennis Basso jacket which I actually should have sent back.  I like to see reviews of an item before purchasing and as you all have pointed out, there's nothing "special" about a today's "special" value.

Honored Contributor

The only fairly recent TSV that I can recall as a good value was the Halo Car Battery Charger.  The TSV price then was $99.95  with free shipping.  I haven't seen it near that low, with or without free shipping, since then.  Beyond that, TSVs have definitely become non-events.  

Respected Contributor

I remember in the "old days"

I had purchased in item at regular price, then shortly there after the item was then offered as a TSV.  I purchased the item again as it was a great value and I really like the item.  

I was contacted by QVC to let me know that I was going to refunded the difference in price between the regular price and the TSV price for the first item I purchased!!!!

I can not imagine they still do this.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@H2OSkiGirl- I understand your frustration.  There used to be a "guarantee" that the TSV would not be at a lower price for one year.  Now it seems they change the price whenever they want to.

Which is ironic, as they still say One Day Onlys are price-guaranteed for six months.  Woman Frustrated

TSV are not now, nor ever promised to be the lowest price for any length of time.

They are a 'great value, special item' blah blah.

ONLY the One Day Only prices are guaranteed and that is 6 months not to go lower.

I agree!  I think it is terrible to put any TSV at a lower price/reduced shipping when you have touted how 'special' it is and promoted it all day long!  There is such a hard push to sell as many as possible (perfectly fine with me) but don't put it on 'sale or special' so soon!   I agree it is disingenuis. 

Respected Contributor

Those of us who have shopped with QVC for a long time realize things are not what they used to be. The name, QVC, actually meant quality, value, convenience.  

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@H2OSkiGirl- I understand your frustration.  There used to be a "guarantee" that the TSV would not be at a lower price for one year.  Now it seems they change the price whenever they want to.

Which is ironic, as they still say One Day Onlys are price-guaranteed for six months.  Woman Frustrated

TSV are not now, nor ever promised to be the lowest price for any length of time.

They are a 'great value, special item' blah blah.

ONLY the One Day Only prices are guaranteed and that is 6 months not to go lower.

@RespectLife- Sorry, but that's not true.  I've been shopping with QVC for well over 30 years (both in England and here).  They absolutely used to guarantee that a TSV price would not be lower "for at least a year".  They haven't said that for a long time, it's true, but that used to be the policy.

They also (long time ago) used to say that, once an item was in stock, the price on that item would never increase.  That also has gone away.  There have been many changes over the decades; not many of them for the better.

Honored Contributor

I have been with QVC since CVN and have never, ever heard them claim the TSV price would not be lower for a year.

Respected Contributor

Like @RespectLife i also have never heard them say a TSV would not be lower for a year. TSV's are touted a the best deal of the day. Only ODO's are guaranteed to not be lower in 6 months.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

I have been with QVC since CVN and have never, ever heard them claim the TSV price would not be lower for a year.

Well, I have.

(My first purchcase - too many years ago to remember when exactly - was from QVC here.  Then I moved to England for 20 years.  They made a point of it there, as QVC was new to the U.K. for the last 8 to 10 years I was there.)

I am happy to agree that our experiences are different.