Esteemed Contributor

Corky's Smoked and Glazed Turkey--My Review

Today, I did something that I have never done with QVC--I called to complain about a product, and I have been with the Q since day 1.

Thinking that I would make Thanksgiving a little easier, I ordered this turkey.  It was inedible and we ended up going out to dinner.  The turkey was so salty that I don't think that it was even healthy.

I did not see reviews on it, but I have never been disappointed in any food product that I have gotten from QVC.   This was a first.

If you received it and enjoyed it, I am very happy for you.  We could not eat it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Re: Corky's Smoked and Glazed Turkey--My Review

@SXMGirl  That's icky.......salty is for ham, and I don't care for ham.  I hope your Thanksgiving wasn't totally ruined.Man Sad

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl- That's a shame that it was like that.  I can't stand salty things, so I wouldn't have been able to eat it either.  You're lucky you could find anywhere decent to eat on Thanksgiving Day.

It's not the same thing but, years ago I ordered some chicken breasts from Stuffin Gourmet.  I kid you not - when I received them and opened the box, there was raw chicken thrown into the bottom of it, with the sealed packets put in on top.  It wasn't a case of any of the packets having been opened; they were all accounted for.

The pile of raw meat in the bottom looked like someone was using the styrofoam crate to throw waste into and forgot and someone (else?) just used it to pack and ship my order.  It was revolting.

Needless to say, I contacted QVC AND I took photos!  Tossed the whole thing and never ordered from them again. And I have never been able to get that out of my mind, when I see them on TV now.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the Kansas City steak burgers a few summers ago. I figured I would serve them at a BBQ we were hosting. They didn’t look or taste like beef!! I ended up throwing them out .DH ran out to the supermarket to buy regular hamburgers which were delicious.

C. S. Refunded my money.

Respected Contributor

Oh my @SXMGirl  I hate your dinner was ruined.  I ordered a S..th Field ham once and it was too salty. I stopped ordering food from the Q after orders started arriving with no ice or the food item ended up sitting at the UPS center over the weekend.  Now, I just order my meats locally.  However, there are many that have had very good luck with the Q and their food products. Yesterday, I received a chocolate order (that was cancelled and still shipped) and I was going to keep but it was the worst tasting chocolate I have ever had. I had to call and return the item.

Esteemed Contributor

Corky's wings are off my 'want list'.  They started out small and tender and developed to tough chewy little meat = mostly bone dinner.  And then throw them all in a plastic bag which causes the wings to freeze together.  Talk about ice cold frozen fingers.  Corky's isn't what they used to be.  (over priced)

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl  thanks for posting your review....I also ordered this TSV...mine is a mix set...one turkey and one ham!  I was thinking of having it for Christmas....NO WAY am I going to risk that!  Instead I will plan to open one soon...perhaps this coming weekend and try it out...I have had really bad luck with the few food items I have tried from Q.  The breaded chicken TSV awhile back is AWFUL...and so was the salmon they rave about!  WAY to fishy tasting...and we love salmon.  I have ordered a few "sweet" items that were really good...only the David's brand is terrible...stay away from them...dry awful everything.  

Again thanks for alerting me....I am expecting it to be disgusting just like you said it was.

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite, I hope that mine was just an anomaly and that you enjoy yours.  Please post and let us know after you have had an opportunity to cook it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Corky's wings are off my 'want list'.  They started out small and tender and developed to tough chewy little meat = mostly bone dinner.  And then throw them all in a plastic bag which causes the wings to freeze together.  Talk about ice cold frozen fingers.  Corky's isn't what they used to be.  (over priced)

Agreed @fthunt I use to keep Corky's ribs stocked in my freezer and then they started arriving with more bone than meat...

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@SXMGirl- That's a shame that it was like that.  I can't stand salty things, so I wouldn't have been able to eat it either.  You're lucky you could find anywhere decent to eat on Thanksgiving Day.

It's not the same thing but, years ago I ordered some chicken breasts from Stuffin Gourmet.  I kid you not - when I received them and opened the box, there was raw chicken thrown into the bottom of it, with the sealed packets put in on top.  It wasn't a case of any of the packets having been opened; they were all accounted for.

The pile of raw meat in the bottom looked like someone was using the styrofoam crate to throw waste into and forgot and someone (else?) just used it to pack and ship my order.  It was revolting.

Needless to say, I contacted QVC AND I took photos!  Tossed the whole thing and never ordered from them again. And I have never been able to get that out of my mind, when I see them on TV now.

Revolting sounds like a good description!