Valued Contributor

Upcoming Belle Kim Gravel TSV??

It sure is cute, but question of these times:  is it made in China?  I really, really wish QVC would put in the description the exact country an item is made in, not simply imported.  I did ask Kim this on her Instagram post, but too soon for a response.  I sure hope either she or QVC will address this.  There are at least two designs I really like; but, if made in China, will not purchase.  We simply have to get our workers back to work making good wages and making our products right here in the USA.  If it cost me a little more, I will gladly pay.

Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Belle Kim Gravel TSV??

@just wonder wrote:

It sure is cute, but question of these times:  is it made in China?  I really, really wish QVC would put in the description the exact country an item is made in, not simply imported.  I did ask Kim this on her Instagram post, but too soon for a response.  I sure hope either she or QVC will address this.  There are at least two designs I really like; but, if made in China, will not purchase.  We simply have to get our workers back to work making good wages and making our products right here in the USA.  If it cost me a little more, I will gladly pay.

@just wonder  And we also need factories for those workers. The ones in my area have been converted to condos and stores a long time ago.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know any large clothing company that makes things in the U.S.A. I would just figure it is made in China or some other country. If you look at the bottom of description it does say imported. There are simple not enough U.S. clothing manufactuers. Plus  you are not going to pay under $50.00 for something made in the U.S.A, it costs a lot more from fabric to paying workers. Most companies that do make clothes in the U.S.A. usually proudly post it because it is so rare. 

Honored Contributor

The clothing being sold now was most likely manufactored a year or more ago.  The USA does not have any (or very few small) clothing mills left, so chances are most of the clothing being made here in the future are slim to none.

Good luck finding most anything not made in China.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Every day someone complains about something being made in China, maybe because of the virus.

Believe me, manufacturers know that Americans are bargain hunters and companies also want to make a big profit, so they are NEVER going to make clothes again in the USA.  Salaries and benefits are just too high.

The best clothes in the world come from Italy and France--but are exorbitantly expensive.  A man's wool suit from Italy can cost more than two thousand dollars.  My husband bought a similar wool suit made-to-order in Thailand for a few hundred dollars.

When I was little cheap things were made in Japan--now they have moved to China.  Bangladesh, Mexico, Vietnam and India are the providers of low cost labor for clothes manufacturing.  

Many of the posts on this forum complain about QVC high prices, so NO WAY will they ever charge more for clothes just to make them in the USA.

Besides, who wants those types of jobs anyway?  Young people prefer flexibility like gig jobs or tech-oriented careers.

We live in the times of a worldwide economy, and economics always dominate.

Honored Contributor

Just assume it was made in China and do without since it's so important to you.

We don't have people (women) lining up clamoring for minimum wage sewing machine jobs here in the USA.  Probably never will again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper    Exactly!  The mentality seems to be that we must punish China for something.  I'm not sure what they did; if it's the virus, there has been a lot of propaganda circulated, investigated and nothing proven.

China makes a good clothing product at a fair price.  Nice fabric and excellent workmanship.  That's all I care about and I'm quite content with what I've gotten.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Maybe you could reach out to her on her Facebook page. You aren't alone in your desire for American made products. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  Exactly what you said, nobody had an uproar over things being made in China for the last 30 years until the virus. If people are so hell bent on getting made in the USA clothing they should have protested to save clothing maufacturing plants and US jobs about 30 years ago. It is a little too late now.

Valued Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper  - Exactly!  Exactly everything you typed!