Valued Contributor

8 candles for almost $90.00! TSV 7/25

Seriouslly, who has the money to pay $90.00 for these unnecessary candles in this time of economic hardship? There must people who are willing to shell out the money for these cheap looking candles and then have less of it for groceries. 

Respected Contributor

Re: 8 candles for almost $90.00! TSV 7/25

if one has challenges with ability to buy groceries, they probably don't need to be considering $90 on anything non-vital.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Seriouslly, who has the money to pay $90.00 for these unnecessary candles in this time of economic hardship? There must people who are willing to shell out the money for these cheap looking candles and then have less of it for groceries. 

I do!  Actually, it comes to $103.81 with tax and shipping to my address. And I purchased six sets so far. May get more! Great gifts as they each come in separate boxes. And of course I am going to keep some too.

By the way, it is SIX candles, not eight. My friends are worth every bit of that $17.30/ea candle! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't want to buy even one candle at any price.  If I wanted to buy a collection of candles, I could afford the TSV.    It's not the price keeping me away.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, they are not a necessity, but are pleasant, add a warm feeling to the house.

Luminara candles are made of real wax just like regular candles, quite classy, realistic, and last for years.  Not cheap looking at all.

The $90 price might scare some people away, but for this many Luminara candles, I think $90 is a good price.  Compare the price of 6 real candles this size that burn down to nothing.  

Those who can't afford groceries shouldn't be buying, but we can't stop them.  

Respected Contributor

Luminara candles are not inexpensive and I have lots and lots of them and turn them on each night with the remote.  They give a wonderful glow and I've had visitors comment how much they liked them that I started buying them as gifts (and they were thrilled). 

If I needed more, I would be jumping on those, it's a great price for 6, but wow, if there were 8 in the set I would probably get multiple sets - and would probably be sold out by now. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I never understood why people are concerned about how and why other strangers spend their money. 

There are many senior communities where zero burning or open flames are permitted. These type candles are a perfect solution in those cases. Plus they have the added advantage of no soot or allergy inducing fragrance.

Super Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Seriously Sweet Kitties, QVC is in millions of homes. Just because you can't afford to purchase the TSV, doesn't mean millions of others can't. The world is bigger than your living room.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

I do!  Actually, it comes to $103.81 with tax and shipping to my address. And I purchased six sets so far. May get more! Great gifts as they each come in separate boxes. And of course I am going to keep some too.

By the way, it is SIX candles, not eight. My friends are worth every bit of that $17.30/ea candle! Smiley LOL

You remind me of Ramona on the Real Housewives of New York. You must have many friends.

Valued Contributor

I have many many wax candles. I prefer them. Don't care for the fakes.