Honored Contributor

TSV presale Total Gym XLT $700 vs. Total Gym  (?signature series) $1600

Are there major differences between the two besides price?  I see that a special glide system is offered on the expensive TG and the size appears to be smaller.  Does anyone have any opinions on which would be a better investment in health?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

And to think I had to beg my plumber to haul this thing off for his son.  Takes up a lot of room.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

And to think I had to beg my plumber to haul this thing off for his son.  Takes up a lot of room.

Ha!  We had one too and yes it certainly did take up a lot of room!  I really don't remember what happened to ours...I think DH got rid of it somehow...now I'm curious and will have to ask.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Kachina624  That is another consideration....you need a small gym to house the TG and returning it would be major!.  Did you use it at all or did it become a clothes bearing piece of furniture?  I have a teeter, a rebounder, and pilates that I actually use and I thought the TG would be an alternative to days when I can't get to the gym.  

Honored Contributor

@haddon9  Oh no....this is not looking good.  Maybe I'll just stick to the gym.

@haddon9 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Ha!  We had one too and yes it certainly did take up a lot of room!  I really don't remember what happened to ours...I think DH got rid of it somehow...now I'm curious and will have to ask.

Honored Contributor

No, I didn't use it but, honestly, I have a history of buying exercise stuff then not using it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

No, I didn't use it but, honestly, I have a history of buying exercise stuff then not using it.

@Kachina624 . Made me laugh!  I'm guilty too! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Truth for many of us....that's what I'm trying to avoid.  The small amount of equipment I have I love and use, but I've given away a small boat load of exercise equipment.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd   The TG seemed to me to be overly complicated to change functions or maybe it was just me.  I think my son must have set it up and maybe used it a few times but I decided it wasn't for me

Honored Contributor

I have bought and donated or given away several items including Denise Austin stuff years ago, something from the guy that went to HSN and sells everything from shoes to burgers; Marie Osmond thing a few years ago--never used it and many years ago a treadmill that my kids, etc. were going to use. but didn't and I had to pay someone to haul it away.   All were purchased at QVC.