Valued Contributor

Re: TSV Catherine Zeta Jones

[ Edited ]

While all cotton quilts and quilted coverlets may seem to be desireable I have found that there is a 50/50 chance it won't actually feel soft and comfy for actual use.   It kind of depends on the stitching and how tightly stitched it is and if there is adequate batting to soften the stitches.   In contrast, I have found that microfiber quilts are by and large reasonalbly soft and comfortable leaning soft most of the time.   Sometimes microfiber can be stitched too tight also but I have been luckier in that department with my microfiber quilts.   Of course the downside to microfiber is the way it is constructed lends it to feel warmer, less breathable than cotton, so better suited to cooler seasons (fall, winter, spring).  I have bought many quilts over the last year or so.  I have one all cotton quilt that meets the softness standard for me.  I have another 50/50 cotton/polyester quilt that meets the softness standard.  The rest of my  quilts that I have held onto are microfiber only and used primarily in those cooler seasons.   I have resorted to light, breathable cotton blankets (nothing quilted) for summertime.  Side note, microfiber is easier to launder, dries quicker, and is less prone to wrinkles.

Respected Contributor

I'm taking the chance that this TSV is substantial enough in the stitching and holding together through a few years of being washed and dried.  I ordered the champagne and a set of As Is sheets in her "amalfi" blue, a rich looking blue that will be a nice contrast with the neutral champage.

The colors seemed slightly different when comparing still photos to videos both on my Kindle and two different computers which made choosing not so easy.  The still photo colors seem softer.  I love the coral and ashes of roses but decided I didn't want that much color to take over the room.

Super Contributor

@LaGlamourGirl wrote:

I love love love, Catherine Zeta Jones, such a sweet and classy lady.  I am loving her TSV today but i have a CAL KING bed.   wah , i hope she brings CAL KING next time.  

I really don’t like the “reversible” white side to this coverlet. I think it makes it look cheap. If I purchase a color, I would want it on both sides, so when it is pulled back the color is there. They also should have offered a solid white coverlet as an option.

Honored Contributor

@LaGlamourGirl@homedecorator

It doesn’t really matter whose designer name is on the TSV, to me.

i purchased this in gray (two sets).

Hoping that it feels soft and has the cool properties of real cotton.

Matellaise? Am wondering why mattelaise was mentioned? This is quilted?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I ordered it in gray, queen size. I hope I like both the coverlet and the shams. I currently have a lilac one, but felt it was time for a change.

Esteemed Contributor

Her sheets did not get such great reviews.  I don't need any bedding right now, but if I did, I don't think I would buy hers.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

In one of the presentations I heard someone, not sure who, say if you live out in the country and have a big outdoor table then you can use this quilt as a tablecloth...!! Really??!!Smiley Surprised

Valued Contributor

I watched most of Catherine Zeta-Jones at midnight last night.

She sure does bring a lot of class, beauty and style to QVC.  No nonsence about her looks or actions.

Also, on Morning Q this morning the presenter of her TSV that was taking her place also had a lot of class in all departments.

Q's younger host and even other vendors can take lessons from Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

The best quality matelasse bed linens are made in Portugal. Nobody else comes close. I recently purchased 2 king size coverlets/shams on sale from The Company Store for just about same price as king size TSV. 

Yes, Portugal  makes great flannel sheets also ,and Germany, cuddledown of maine has these,no way this tsv is made in either of these countries.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

While all cotton quilts and quilted coverlets may seem to be desireable I have found that there is a 50/50 chance it won't actually feel soft and comfy for actual use.   It kind of depends on the stitching and how tightly stitched it is and if there is adequate batting to soften the stitches.   In contrast, I have found that microfiber quilts are by and large reasonalbly soft and comfortable leaning soft most of the time.   Sometimes microfiber can be stitched too tight also but I have been luckier in that department with my microfiber quilts.   Of course the downside to microfiber is the way it is constructed lends it to feel warmer, less breathable than cotton, so better suited to cooler seasons (fall, winter, spring).  I have bought many quilts over the last year or so.  I have one all cotton quilt that meets the softness standard for me.  I have another 50/50 cotton/polyester quilt that meets the softness standard.  The rest of my  quilts that I have held onto are microfiber only and used primarily in those cooler seasons.   I have resorted to light, breathable cotton blankets (nothing quilted) for summertime.  Side note, microfiber is easier to launder, dries quicker, and is less prone to wrinkles.

Good quality cotton quilts, last a life time, i know i have some.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.