Esteemed Contributor

Re: SUNDAY TSV...10/30/16...KINDLE FIRE

I have 2 Fires of different sizes as well as a 10.1 inch Anddroid which I bought before a big Fire was introduced.. I like them all but I would buy the Fire directly from Amazon when it has its specials including its version of easy pay on the Fires at times. One of the posters said Wi-Fi was hard to turn off. It isn't. I just checked Amazon and the regular 7inch Fire starts at $49.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

@mima wrote:

If anyone wants an awesome Kindle Fire, get the

"All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet, 8" HD Display" from Amazon. It is $89 and well worth it!  Just go check it out.  I own it and love it. You get a lot for your money,  It has a great screen, battery life and sound.  Just put what I have it quotes above in the Amazon search bar. 

MIMA,
I have the Kindle Fire HD 7 that was offered as a TSV several years ago.  I purchased it locally.  I think it was around $200 but may be mistaken.  It's still going strong but am thinking of upgrading.  Aside from the 8" display, how does yours differ from mine and why is the price so reasonable.  It seems like you are getting more for less money.  If you would be so kind to fill me in, I would very much appreciate,it.  How do I transfer everything from my current Kindle to the new one should I decide to make the purchase?  I know I'm asking a lot of questions and I apologize.  Thanks for understanding.  docsgirl

Contributor

I have had 5 Kindles and Kindle Fires, including four still being used. I would never buy one from anyone other than Amazon. Amazon's customer service for the Kindles is outstanding. I love the Underground apps because they are really free, not free games that nickel and dime you to death with in-app purchases in order to actually play the games. And one more thing - QVC and especially HSN often claim to have great prices on these items. They don't, especially if you're a Prime member. I got my Echo brand new for $30 less than HSN's "lowest price ever" during Prime Day. I've also seen that the shopping channels  fairly often have what are old or about to be replaced with a newer version Kindles. So my advice is watch for sales on Amazon. There will be big ones on or around Black Friday. Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat wrote:

I have 2 Fires of different sizes as well as a 10.1 inch Anddroid which I bought before a big Fire was introduced.. I like them all but I would buy the Fire directly from Amazon when it has its specials including its version of easy pay on the Fires at times. One of the posters said Wi-Fi was hard to turn off. It isn't. I just checked Amazon and the regular 7inch Fire starts at $49.

If you're referring to my post, I said there was no easy way to turn wi-fi off. When swiping down, it doesn't matter if you choose the wi-fi icon or the airplane mode icon...it takes you to that setting, which you then have to click out of...an extra unnecessary step that other tablets don't have.

Contributor

This is the old model  . The new one is FIRE HD (check the Amazon Website...)

This is thick     The new one is thinner and lighter ...

Do your homework....

Respected Contributor

@HP in NY wrote:

This is the old model  . The new one is FIRE HD (check the Amazon Website...)

This is thick     The new one is thinner and lighter ...

Do your homework....

This is NOT the old model of the SEVEN-INCH Fire.  There is a new Fire out that is the 8-inch HD tablet, but it is a completely different tablet.

Respected Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

MIMA,
I have the Kindle Fire HD 7 that was offered as a TSV several years ago.  I purchased it locally.  I think it was around $200 but may be mistaken.  It's still going strong but am thinking of upgrading.  Aside from the 8" display, how does yours differ from mine and why is the price so reasonable.  It seems like you are getting more for less money.  If you would be so kind to fill me in, I would very much appreciate,it.  How do I transfer everything from my current Kindle to the new one should I decide to make the purchase?  I know I'm asking a lot of questions and I apologize.  Thanks for understanding.  docsgirl

@docsgirl  I own the old 7" HD also.  I thought the 8" would be bigger, but it really doesn't seem bigger to me.   It seems more narrow and taller than my old one.   I didn't actually measure the screens though.

I upgraded because my old 7" seemed slow.  My games weren't working correctly either.  I had different issues with different games.  Candy crush would crash in the middle of a game.  Words with friends wouldn't update the games.  My battery life on my old one was getting less and less also. 

This new one is super fast (snappy), the sound is great and the battery life is better.   Everything works great. The price is fabulous compared to what I paid for my 7" HD also.

There are a couple cons and I'll talk about those now.  I am unsure of what the screen is made of. It is not glass.  It might be plastic which "might" scratch.  Mine has not yet scratched and I don't use a screen protector.  I can't find what it is made out of.

The battery takes longer to charge.  Probably because it lasts longer.  A non issue for me.  I can plug it in right where I use it. 

If yours is going strong and you have no need for a 2nd one, I probably wouldn't upgrade.  I find it very handy to have more than one myself.  If the battery goes dead you'd have a back up.  You can have one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen or wherever.  Or if you misplace one!  LOL

It is very easy to transfer everything to your new one.  All your books and apps are in the cloud.  You just put them on your device.  It will come registered to you unless you tell them it is for a gift.

Any more questions, please ask! 

Valued Contributor

Not me....it's not the HD which makes a HUGE difference!

Honored Contributor

It's older technology that they're trying to unload, as is often the case with TSV electronics.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

No. I have two, a 7" and 8.9", both HD. So many apps not available that I wanted and the silk browser is awful.  Games either will not load or freeze during play.  They are great for reading books however.  If you want to play games like bingo, etc or cruise the internet get an IPad.