Super Contributor

Re: NuVision Tablet TSV

[ Edited ]

20161218_183808.jpg@MKR14 wrote:

Thanks @Julius Seizure.  I checked out the RCA 12.2 " tablet and case/keyboard to compare the price HSN has it for tomorrow. Amazon was $279.00 and HSN has it tomorrow for $179.00. I ordered the teal on HSN as a pre-order. Amazon only had black. That helped me make my choice to see the savings. I ordered the teal and hope it is really teal and not green as it looked a different color on my laptop and on my iPad. I will tape the show at midnight and a few more to watch the demos. I have a 10" iPad 4 and a small iPad 4 and love them. I was going to buy the iPad Pro large one but I don't want to pay that much and this will do what I want it to do and has a case to protect it. I sent my new 17" HP laptop back as there were more bad reviews that I ever saw on a laptop. I have to feel confident in what I buy. Smiley Happy

You won't be disappointed with the RCA! I have an RCA Pro 10 that I got about 3 years ago from Walmart for under $100.00. I use just about every day. It has Android KitKat, no IPS screen. I would love to upgrade. I saw the 12.2 on Amazon, HSN has it for $100.00 less. RCA has been very helpful to me too on Facebook. They replaced my keyboard free  no questions asked. The shift key was constantly sticking. They have a new version of the 10 inch with Marshmallow. There is an !1 inch called Galileo, they have keyboards with track pads. I bsolutely love mine! Love the ease of use with Android OS. I have a Toshiba chromebook as well. Love that equally as the tablet. Good  luck with your purchase

New Contributor

Your experience wasn't my experience thankfully.  I bought two 10.1" NuVision tablets and they have exceeded my expectation on performance speed and the overall quality of the product.  I decided to take advantage of QVC offer, after receiving a demonstration at a Microsoft Retail Store, who praised the Brand.  Besides Microsoft Retail Store, I found the product at Office Depot and Sam's Club.  Frankly, these retailers wouldn't support a Brand unless it meets their Quality standards, same goes for QVC.  I noticed you indicated you bought the Brand on Evine Live, which might explain your experience.

New Contributor

Don't be a fool, both "Big Bear 2" and "Millerband" are delibertly misleading QVC customers in favor of HSN TSV they are promoting on an RCA model.

Respected Contributor
@techdad You are a bit late on the uptake with this topic. You contribution is great, but just late as the NuVision is gone and the HSN is today. THat is part of the deal with the one day only specials, here today, gone tomorrow. Only the reviews will prove this. Too many people expect these to behave like an iPad in all aspects, and those people are disappointed. A Camry isn't a Porsche.
Valued Contributor

This is true. My iPad had never failed me. 

Occasional Contributor

The first post is also unfairly comparing a different tablet from a year ago.  Which isn't fair.  This tablet has a far newer operating system and a totally different cpu in it.  It didn't look slow on tv when she was operating it either.

Hopefully the battery won't be bad but if we don't like it we will send it back.

I have several Android tablets, and and iPad 2.  I never use my iPad 2 anymore, as its laggy and slow, plus I can't stand iOS.  Android is far superior for an operating system vs iOS.  My mom had me order this tablet here because she was getting annoyed with her iPad 2 also being so slow/laggy.

Super Contributor

@Tech Dad wrote:

Don't be a fool, both "Big Bear 2" and "Millerband" are delibertly misleading QVC customers in favor of HSN TSV they are promoting on an RCA model.

I'm not misleading anyone. I had a NuViision from Evine, worst tablet I ever used. But like another poster said, the proof will be in the reviews in the next several weeks as these NuVision tablets reach their destinations. Can't wait to see the reviews myself. I'm not promoting HSN. I purchased my RCA from Walmart. Would buy another because I trust the brand, and what I have has been working great

Super Contributor

@Tech Dad wrote:

Your experience wasn't my experience thankfully.  I bought two 10.1" NuVision tablets and they have exceeded my expectation on performance speed and the overall quality of the product.  I decided to take advantage of QVC offer, after receiving a demonstration at a Microsoft Retail Store, who praised the Brand.  Besides Microsoft Retail Store, I found the product at Office Depot and Sam's Club.  Frankly, these retailers wouldn't support a Brand unless it meets their Quality standards, same goes for QVC.  I noticed you indicated you bought the Brand on Evine Live, which might explain your experience.

Confused with the latter part of your statement? Why would buying it on Evine as opposed to QVC have anything to do with it? They are both TV shopping networks. Good luck with your purchase, hope it exceeds your expectations.

Honored Contributor

@drivers 87124  I have arthritis so use a holder on all my pads.   The best are made by LapWorks and can be gotten on Amazon in several styles.   They're indispensable as far as I'm concerned.   It makes holding and carrying them safe and effortless. 

20161219_230337.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tech Dad wrote:

@Tech Dad  I've watched many cheap tablets come and go on QVC and they've had more than their share of duds.   Many were virtually unusable.   Pages of complaints,  then they re-stock them and resell. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment