Respected Contributor

'Miraculous' Perricone and other beauty products

If Perricone, Denese, etc, actually get such incredible results, why aren't we seeing incredible changes in the skin of older hosts and models? I have a 52" TV screen and they sure look like they are aging normally....no changes.

Good skin care- cleansing, hydrating, exfoliating, moisturizing are important. All can be done at reasonable prices. The other stuff, dream on.

Q and these vendors laughing all the way to the bank!!

Honored Contributor

Re: 'Miraculous' Perricone and other beauty products

But what would they look like if they were not using it???

Regular Contributor

Totally agree with Onefineday!

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant  But...how much faster would they be aging?  I know for a fact that the products I use have made a huge difference.  In my late 40's my jowls started to appear but now at 66 I have none at all.  The jowls are on my mother's side and now none.  I am the spitting image of my mother and grandmother and by now I would have their jowls and wrinkles as my cousins do.  I have also found products to stop the gobbler skin and my neck is definitely firmer compared to earlier pictures of me. 

What I have noticed from posters here is that most expect immediate results and don't use products everyday and may only use them for special occasions and that is just a waste.  You have to be consistant and patient.  Also, every product is not going to work for everyone either.  Many of the naysayers who have never tried anything just don't want to  bother and that's fine but don't insist that none of the huge vairety of great products out there just do not work!!!

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant   I agree.  Most of the models that were usually on with these products, like Blonde Maria, have aged to the point you can see these products aren't working.  I think they help but don't completely do what they say. 

Respected Contributor

I forgot something.  I have the NuFace and that really does work.  If you use it regularly.  It lifted my jowls but you have to keep using in order to maintain.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@ellaphant  But...how much faster would they be aging?  I know for a fact that the products I use have made a huge difference.  In my late 40's my jowls started to appear but now at 66 I have none at all.  The jowls are on my mother's side and now none.  I am the spitting image of my mother and grandmother and by now I would have their jowls and wrinkles as my cousins do.  I have also found products to stop the gobbler skin and my neck is definitely firmer compared to earlier pictures of me. 

What I have noticed from posters here is that most expect immediate results and don't use products everyday and may only use them for special occasions and that is just a waste.  You have to be consistant and patient.  Also, every product is not going to work for everyone either.  Many of the naysayers who have never tried anything just don't want to  bother and that's fine but don't insist that none of the huge vairety of great products out there just do not work!!!

@Pook How did you get rid of your jowls?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips  I first started using SS Facemaster in my late 40s which made a huge difference.  Then I found Serious Skin Care EGG which worked better than the Facemaster for my jawline and lifting my face.  A few years ago I found SKINN Trimlastic ( which I had  on subscription with Evine and now is not sold but I have a bunch of refulls stockpiled.  It has a neck/chin strap and that is amazing with the treatment masks.  A lot of poor reviews by many but sure worked great for me.  I also use SKINN Neck Armour and am hoping that will work just as well the the chin/neck strap to keep the jowels and turkey neck at bay.  I wear that for an hour when working out each morning.  Maybe most would not want to take the time but to look and feel my best it is so worth it for me.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

If Perricone, Denese, etc, actually get such incredible results, why aren't we seeing incredible changes in the skin of older hosts and models? I have a 52" TV screen and they sure look like they are aging normally....no changes.

Good skin care- cleansing, hydrating, exfoliating, moisturizing are important. All can be done at reasonable prices. The other stuff, dream on.

Q and these vendors laughing all the way to the bank!!

Most of them are also laughing all the way to their plastic surgeon's office. The beauty industry's only mission is to tell us that we are flawed and that their products can fix those flaws. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I think the hosts look pretty darn good.

I use the Perricone neuropeptide facial cream and if I run out I can tell a big difference. My face just don't look as firm. I don't ever want to be without it.