Respected Contributor

MacBook_Air_TSV_6_6.png

Esteemed Contributor

My husband bought me one of these not sure if this one and to be honest I like my iPad better. 

Respected Contributor

Do we know the price? I have a 13" from 2015 which I love but I think I need to upgrade. It's my 3rd mac.  I do not have an ipad just an Amazon fire which I seldom use.  LOVE my laptop.  I don't like using the smaller screens...

Respected Contributor
Even without looking at the price, you will pay a lot more at QVC. The m1 chip it is $899 at retail
Respected Contributor

My Ipad 12.9" is the same screen size as my 13" Mac Air.  

What I learned having both is that the iPad has access to thousands and thousands of Apps and the Mac air does not; they are truly two different operating systems. That was a big letdown when I went from an iPad to a Mac assuming I could get all the same Apps on it.

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Do we know the price? I have a 13" from 2015 which I love but I think I need to upgrade. It's my 3rd mac.  I do not have an ipad just an Amazon fire which I seldom use.  LOVE my laptop.  I don't like using the smaller screens...

Respected Contributor
I would like to add that I own a 2012 MacBook Pro, the 2019 version, and an iPad mini 5. I adored the 2012 MacBook Pro, but was advised not to upgrade. That machine is solid and the screen was good enough. It had the necessary ports that you need. I felt you could hit it with a tank.The 2019 only has 2 USB C ports on one side. Love the sleekness, but there's no way to upgrade the RAM. No way to upgrade storage. The retina display is very fragile. Fortunately they upgraded the Air. You have the M1 chip and additional storage. They fixed the keyboard. For $899, not bad. I do use my iPad mini to watch videos and to read my Kindle books. But there's a definite difference between what you can do with a MacBook and what you can do with an iPad. I think Apple is deliberately keeping those separate. I would have loved to been able to use an iPad Pro for editing work, but it doesn't play nicely with Adobe Acrobat Pro. I do like using the pencil. I think it'd be pretty cool if Apple were to make a touch screen on their Macbooks. By the way I hear that they're going to release a revised iPad mini by the end of the year.

Regular Contributor

Re: MacBook Air TSV 6/6

[ Edited ]

I have several iPads & use them constantly.  I have wanted a MacBook so considered the TSV.  Knowing they throw in a lot of junk & I have AirPods, I ordered it direct from Apple.  I got a hardshell case, a cable I needed, & Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) & saved a couple of hundred dollars.  I got 12 month 0% financing plus used my Appple card & get 3% cash back.  It was a no-brainer.  Oh....for $9, they are delivering it today!