Respected Contributor

Rastelli's TSV 6/2

[ Edited ]

rastellis.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Assume that's a Rib Eye.............if Reviews of this product are still posted...read before buying.  I, personally, will never purchase again.  

Valued Contributor

I have purchased Rastelli burger at Lidl for a fraction of what the Q sells for.  There was nothing special about. it.  They have other Rastelli meats but I will stick with my regular meat purveyor.

Honored Contributor

We bought Rastelli sirloin steaks a couple years back, when they were a TSV and were very pleased with them.  I had them on A/D, and we noticed that after the first shipment, they weren't quite so good, so I eventually canceled them.

We also had the burgers and they were fine, but I wouldn't say they were any better than the ones I make myself.  Convenient to have in the freezer, but that's about it.  I'm not tempted by any more TSVs.

Respected Contributor

I otdered the. Rastelli rib eyes.  The first 2 shipments were delicious.  The 3rd were awful.  All fat and grissle.  I got a refund and cancelled my auto shipments.

Then I ordered the Angus ribeyes,  The first ship was good, waiting for the next one.  If they arent good Ill cancel.  I dont mind paying the price, very conveneint to have on auto delivery BUT I want good steaks, not tuff and grissle.

Respected Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I otdered the. Rastelli rib eyes.  The first 2 shipments were delicious.  The 3rd were awful.  All fat and grissle.  I got a refund and cancelled my auto shipments.

Then I ordered the Angus ribeyes,  The first ship was good, waiting for the next one.  If they arent good Ill cancel.  I dont mind paying the price, very conveneint to have on auto delivery BUT I want good steaks, not tuff and grissle.

______

I ordered last year's Rastelli's Black Angus Ribeye steaks on AD at the beginning of the lock down. This was when beef was in short supply at the super markets. I had one shipment that had a lot of gristle, but the flavor was still there. They are almost $10 higher this year on a shipment of 10 steaks. 

I am going to have one of the ribeyes from my last shipment and see if they are back on track.

Super Contributor

Re: Rastelli's TSV 6/2

[ Edited ]

I miss the burgers that Bobby Chez used to bring to QVC.  I can't remember their name, but they were wonderful.  His crab cakes were the best too.  I know I can order from his website, but I really love the easy pay that QVC offers.  I don't know why QVC's relationship with Bobby didn't last long. He had wonderful products.

I also loved the burgers from Kansas City Steaks.  They had so many different varieties.  They don't seem to be on QVC much anymore.  Everything is Rastelli now, and their products are so much more expensive, IMO.

Frequent Contributor

These seem very expensive per pound, like $25+.  after adding tax.  Crazy.  I've not had any luck with food from the Q, so won't go for this.  

Honored Contributor

They are so thin,i like a nice prime thick steak.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I ordered the immediate ship, and they arrived here in W. PA rock hard frozen but the dry ice was gone. That's ok...they were still very cold.

I put the box in the freezer cause I had a steak thawed out ready to eat alreay ( from Walmart.. which I've always had great luck with ( rib eye and chuck eye only....NO meat without fat for me!!!). The chuck eye is tougher, IF you don't take it off while still rare, which is how I like steak. Almost mooing!!!!

Now I am a little nervous after reading the terrible reviews. I realize it's just a handful of people, but they are really awful. 

I will take one out later this week, and make up my own mind.

I don't think I've ordered food from QVC in a long time ....last was Mrs Prindables apples, which were great. Before that I think it was those HORRIBLE crab cakes....remember them?

Anyway, I will be open minded. Q sold tens of thousands of them,so there must be something to them!!!

I have the late summer order too.....If I don't like these, I will cancel.

Hope I'm lucky!