Honored Contributor

Actually, supplements cannot purport to treat any medical or health issue.  The label can only state that it "supports" certain things.  That's it.  As soon as it makes a claim that it treats something it falls under FDA control.  You really have to do your own research to determine what supplements might work for any given condition.  

Also, just to show how the FDA works, I think it's interesting that for years and years the FDA only allowed Stevia to be sold as a supplement.  Nowhere on the label could it say it could be used as a sweetener.  Why?  Because of the sugar lobby.  Only after another big food lobby decided it was worth using in one of their products were they able to start labeling it as a sweetener.  I bought Stevia as a sweetener many years before it ever started showing up on grocery store shelves, but there was nothing on the label stating it could be used as a sweetener.

Honored Contributor

IMO people who take supplements indiscrimintely, e.g., for hair/nail/skin problems are foolish.  I read about those who take 10/12 supplements a day, I think Colleen on HSN said she took several, and wonder how healthy that truly is.  If there is a specific need, take that specific supplement, otherwise at the very least a waste of money.

Occasional Contributor

Although these types of products are not regulated by the FDA,  they are also sold at supermarkets, health food stores, and pharmacies, etc.   Why would you say QVC does not have a right?    Do your own research on the product if you need more information and make an informed decision to buy or not buy.   I have found a several supplements that are helpful to me and my doctor has even suggested a few.  I have not tried meratrim but I have been researching the ingredients.  

Valued Contributor

Friends, save your money, there is no permanent quick fix.  Eat more fruits and veggies, more chicken and fish and walk around the block.  Much better for you and you'll feel strong and healthy.

Trusted Contributor

I am going to try it.  60 days money back guarantee and I need something to hellp me loose about 15 pounds as I gained 50 since my meds for burning mouth and I went to a diet doctor and he gave me adipex and I hate those tablets so sometimes I take one halff a day but my son has lost 30 pounds on adipex...........I am under strict care with these diet pills but I ahte the way they make me feel as they wear off so sometimes I half a half.............I have to get some of the weight off so I don't get a disease from being over weight.  Always 90-100 pounds now 151.  Because of burning mouth meds. I hate caffeine so I am glad this TODAYS has no caffeine but I wills send back if it does not work in 60 days.

Trusted Contributor

Cosmetices are not FDA approved nor nail polish nor fragrance or over the counter skin care? Do you use any of those?

Honored Contributor

What bothers me is that they're pushing auto-delivery for this product. Most customers have never used it before, so they don't know if it will work for them.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

I am going to try it.  60 days money back guarantee and I need something to hellp me loose about 15 pounds as I gained 50 since my meds for burning mouth and I went to a diet doctor and he gave me adipex and I hate those tablets so sometimes I take one halff a day but my son has lost 30 pounds on adipex...........I am under strict care with these diet pills but I ahte the way they make me feel as they wear off so sometimes I half a half.............I have to get some of the weight off so I don't get a disease from being over weight.  Always 90-100 pounds now 151.  Because of burning mouth meds. I hate caffeine so I am glad this TODAYS has no caffeine but I wills send back if it does not work in 60 days.

I think you are always going to have a weight problem because you are depending on  supplements and not reality. You have to do it on your own because nothing will help you reach your goal except you.

Trusted Contributor

Scary product. Eating healthy, natural foods combined with exercise will get safe results

Trusted Contributor

Well that is your opinion when I was pregnant with my son I gained 82 pounds I was 88 before and I ate and ate good foods and healthy foods and so to loose the weight I did 6 months of slimfast in 1989 and then the rest diet pills and lost the weight back down to 100 but the diet pills were fastin and they do not sell those anymore.........so diet pills do work and I do not eat donuts its my meds and I do walk in the spring and summer and fall and I have a bike at home I ride and am watching my carbs but nothing is coming ofd,,,,,,,,,,,,everyone is different so you can't make jusgment on a lot of people.  You don't know my situation