Respected Contributor

Skip the $60.00, walk 1 mile 5 times a week, cut the jumk and eat well. You will lose weight! Can not believe QVC puts this on the air...shame!

Honored Contributor

I almost went for it but I thought how can your body shed fat in a targeted area from a vitamin pill.

Valued Contributor

I can't believe they would sell something like this. And for $60.00? 

That skirt is going to split apart.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meratrim? Oh please!

[ Edited ]

I think the sad thing is they are promotiing it for women. It also stated that you need to walk 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I can walk for 2 hours and watch what I eat. I have lost 70 lbs with no planned diets. It has almost taken me a year but I know I can maintain and know what to eat. I think this is false advertising and should not be pushed to be good for you. The only thing good for you is to watch what you eat and exercise. This premise is not hard when you are motivated. Another TSV that is a real downer. Nothing is easy and everything takes time that is worthwhile.

Just think about it. The rep said you can eat up to 2,000 calories a day. This is the biggest lie I have heard. If you are trying to lose weight, you should not eat more than 1200 to 1400 calories per day. What happens when you stop taking this pill and continue eating 2,000 calories a day. You will balloon up like never before. You would have to walk at least 7-8 miles a day to be able to consume those calories.

Honored Contributor

I'd like to lose a few pounds, but I will never put chemicals into my mouth to do so.  Even vitamins and herbal supplements are chemicals to me.

Clean food is the way to go.  Always.

Honored Contributor

I was so close to ordering it but thankfully, I took a breath and listened to the presentation and that moment of madness passed.   I lost 53 pounds since July with a medically based meal replacement program and walking an hour 4 times a week...when I'm not having any pain issues.  I'm 17 lbs away from my goal weight so, first thought was that this product might give me that little "extra" to help me reach my goal sooner.  But when I cam to my senses, I just had to laugh.  The disclaimers are all over the place...lol  Like with any informercial product.  And if people are doing all the recommended exersize and eating the way they suggest.....why do they need that product?  Diet, exersize and drinking tons of water equals weight loss. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I was so close to ordering it but thankfully, I took a breath and listened to the presentation and that moment of madness passed.   I lost 53 pounds since July with a medically based meal replacement program and walking an hour 4 times a week...when I'm not having any pain issues.  I'm 17 lbs away from my goal weight so, first thought was that this product might give me that little "extra" to help me reach my goal sooner.  But when I cam to my senses, I just had to laugh.  The disclaimers are all over the place...lol  Like with any informercial product.  And if people are doing all the recommended exersize and eating the way they suggest.....why do they need that product?  Diet, exersize and drinking tons of water equals weight loss. 

You have done good a job so far and you can win. Don't do something foolish because they are pushing this product to get your money. They don't care about the customer when they push this as a TSV.

Super Contributor

I mean really QVC? have ya run out of things to sell as a TSV?  They just attended a huge international home and housewares show in  Chicago and this is all they can come up wiith? Wow! And wait! There's more, order now and receive a 3rd bottle free

Honored Contributor

Re: Meratrim? Oh please!

[ Edited ]

I wonder if they're ready for the lawsuits that will follow in a couple of years?  If you mislead people and make outlandish claims, you're asking for trouble.  Hopefully it does not damage peoples' health. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Bravo to you ladies who wrote comments to protect other women. I know some would say it's not supportive because it's a personal choice for those who buy it, but, there are far too many women who are taken in by false promises, who are then discouraged and give up. I have lost 60 pounds in 2 years. I've taken my time, learning the proper way to eat nutritious foods, using portion control and dealing with the baggage that causes the emotional eating. It's hard work; there aren't any magic pill shortcuts because the diet industry makes way more money on our failures than our successes. I wish you all the best. It's no fun having weight issues, and dodging companies out to get ya doesn't make it easier. 😞 To anyone who purchases it, I wish you every success. Please just don't blame yourself if it doesn't work out. 💟