Regular Contributor

Why does QVC represent so many different fryers?  Or are they different?  I am confused! Emeril, Cook's Essential and now this Power Air Fryer.  I might use one occasionally but is the TSV "the one" or are others better?  Just 2 of us so I don't need a BIG one.  Would love to hear recommendations from those of you who have one that you LOVE!  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

they are also confusing the customer about the  20 dollars back on the q card. for new people only. please say that. stop leading the customer on. 

Respected Contributor

I have a CE one, but it is kind of small.  If I were to buy one and didn't have one, I'd get the 5.3 Paula Dean one with the ceramic coated basket. 1700 Watts!  It's bigger, ceramic and it has a 1 year limited warranty vs. 30 or 60 days.

I just looked at them and they are sold out right now.  So I don't know if you are willing to wait.

The ones QVC sells has too short of a warranty. I did not notice that when I bought mine.  However I haven't had any problems with it yet.  I use it a lot.  Works great.

Valued Contributor

Understand your confusion.  If it's just two of you, I feel a small model will work just fine for you.  Larger families would probably love the larger ones, but they do take up a lot of counter space so do think about that.  I purchased a "rebuilt" Phillips Air Fryer through Woot Amazon over a year ago and use it weekly.  I am very pleased with my purchase.  We have done hamburgers,seafood, potatoes, veggies and the frozen fries, tator tots, etc.  Glad I made the purchase as I do use it on a regular basis and it's plenty big for us.  Paula Deen's looks nice, but also very large.

Honored Contributor

I don't see a difference between them.  I have the smaller cooks essential one and it works great.  Does everything I need it to do.  I guess the only wisdom I can share is size matters depending on what you want to cook in it.  I read people cook chickens in them.  If you are looking to do that, you have to get a bigger one.  I don't cook anything that big in it, so the 2.5 works fine for me.  I haven't read that anyone hates the brand they have.  I though nk today's TSV is a good option if you don't need the larger size.

Valued Contributor

I have the CE 3 quart size from the previous TSV. I use it at least once a week for 3 people and it's a great size and had no problems with it. I also ordered the Blue Jean Chef's air fry everything cookbook and its fab. I would never go back to frying, it works great on frozen fries, onion rings etc. Have also made some of the meat recipes in the book, all excellent.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Honored Contributor

Re: Air fryer confusion

[ Edited ]

The only difference is the brand name on it, the size, digitial, turn knob or touchscreen, non-stick basket or ceramic. They all do the same job.

Sam's has the larger 5.? XL Fryer on their site for $100 on sale thru today.

Respected Contributor

There are only two of us and I still want a larger one.  I think if the food was spread out, it would cook better.  I think the Paula Deen one has a seperater so you can cook two different foods.  I can't remember for sure if it did and too lazy to look but that would be nice also. I'm not buying another one til mine quits, but right now that would be my choice. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Air fryer confusion

[ Edited ]

That's strange. I just bought the Paula Deen 5.3 qt fryer this morning (Evine) in Merlot.  Some colors are gone but not all of them.    I'm single but I wanted one that I can put a 6 lb chicken in.  I already have the original Phillips but it is small.

Trusted Contributor

I bought one today. My fryer now was my grandmother's and it's so old it has a cloth covered cord and missing a leg! I didn't like buying so much oil or Crisco for it & this looks great. I haven't seen them dip any batter covered fish--is beer batter a problem with air frying? Any advice on that would be appreciated, thank you.