Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna Clothes

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

I lived in So. California for 15 years and still don't know what the California style is.  They looked and dressed pretty much like women in other states.  Of course, those living in larger cities dressed more stylish, not necessarily more colorful.  

The only thing I can think of is being thin was in and Lisa is very thin...you can never be too thin.  As for having fit bodies, some did, some didn't just like other states.  Tanning was also big.  Lots of plastic surgery and facial fillers.  Youth was where it was at.  

As for having more blonds, there were many with dark hair.  

Are there any native Californians here who can explain California Style?

@Foxxeeborn and bred. There is no one style that encompasses this state, not even one style within the different regions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Native Californian and I see all kinds of styles like, I guess, everywhere.  Haven't been to LA in years.  Maybe SF at night would be a place for dressier outfits.  Lots of shorts worn by female and males seems like all the time even when I consider it cold and also when the rain has just stopped.  Shorts and flip flops or other sandals worn a lot.  (by people of all ages)   When my DH and I were dating many years ago, we would dress up to go out to dinner or on most dates.  This is no longer the case.  Dress is very casual pretty much all the time now.

Esteemed Contributor

I own 5 pair of Lisa’s cargo pants and the keyhole top.  Very happy with them, but had to size way down.

Honored Contributor

I have a few Lisa Rinna pieces that are really nice.  I have her cowl neck tunic in four colors!  A couple of sweaters from a few years ago.  Recently got a blouse.   

I don't have any issues with her stuff.  She's one of the few vendors that I'll watch. 

Occasional Contributor
Lisa had some really cute things when she first started at QVC as "Belle Gray," the name of her clothing stores in CA. Ever since her line was reinvented as "Lisa Rinna," and QVC designers got more involved, it has changed substantially in style. She no longer seems to offer the special, boutique-like clothing that she did.
Trusted Contributor

California chic, baby!  Whatever the heck that means!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I lived in So. California for 15 years and still don't know what the California style is.  They looked and dressed pretty much like women in other states.  Of course, those living in larger cities dressed more stylish, not necessarily more colorful.  

The only thing I can think of is being thin was in and Lisa is very thin...you can never be too thin.  As for having fit bodies, some did, some didn't just like other states.  Tanning was also big.  Lots of plastic surgery and facial fillers.  Youth was where it was at.  

As for having more blonds, there were many with dark hair.  

Are there any native Californians here who can explain California Style?

-------

Like you I don't believe it exists.  I was born in Ventura County and lived in San Diego until we moved in 2011.  You're post is right on,  As far as Rinna is concerned, I don't care for whatever style she's pushing and care for her personally even less.  I simply turn her off..... Woman Indifferent

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*