Super Contributor

Lisa Rinna Clothes

[ Edited ]

Maybe it's just me, but Lisa's clothes don't match her outgoing personality. The colors are drab and the designs are ordinary. Doesn't seem like California style. 

Honored Contributor

That could be a good thing but I know exactly what you’re saying. I was surprised by her collection but I guess she has to consider her audience. I find them unattractive shapeless with the worst color selection. 

Super Contributor

I liked the faux leather leggings that were being shown the other day. Thought they were something different. 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCJH wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but Lisa's clothes don't match her outgoing personality. The colors are drab and the designs are ordinary. Doesn't seem like California style. 

I to was surprsed by her line. I have not purchased any of her clothes because I do not find  any pieces in her line that I would wear anywhere . The clothes just hang on her & the models . I find her style similiar to Cuddle Dudds.    Guess,  her line is casual lounging  style . Looks more like clothes that you'd lay around the house in - guess  a day wear  style  that feel like pajamas .  Not my taste

Honored Contributor

Different designers/vendors probably sell to very different buyers.

For example, I can see the value in Louis' clothing, but so often his colors are black, white and gray -  not very flattering for me - and seem  also to be designed with a tall and slender figure in mind.  I know there are other things now in his collection, but still not enough for me to wade through everything to find maybe one piece.

And I love Logo colors but I don't own any Logo.  I just can't see myself in all the layers and hem lines.

SAme with Lisa Renna.  I like the colors but I need fabrics with more body and designs more structure.

It's all okay with me that QVC offers all the above -  and they're not losing my money because they do.  I'm not buying clothing anywhere very often even when I see something I might like!.  

Esteemed Contributor

I once order a blouse that was very pretty -but  one feel of it out of the package and knew it was going back.  Material (fabrication as it's known here) was so thin - would have to layer under it.  Flimsy

Valued Contributor

She seems to have a very different idea about what QVC's customer's look good in than I certainly do.  I would look ugly and frumpy in most of her clothing line.  No thanks.

Respected Contributor

@QVCJH wrote:

ITA.  She tries to make them seem more exciting than they actually are. She does not dress in clothes like that IRL.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna Clothes

[ Edited ]

I lived in So. California for 15 years and still don't know what the California style is.  They looked and dressed pretty much like women in other states.  Of course, those living in larger cities dressed more stylish, not necessarily more colorful.  

The only thing I can think of is being thin was in and Lisa is very thin...you can never be too thin.  As for having fit bodies, some did, some didn't just like other states.  Tanning was also big.  Lots of plastic surgery and facial fillers.  Youth was where it was at.  

As for having more blonds, there were many with dark hair.  

Are there any native Californians here who can explain California Style?

Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna Clothes

[ Edited ]

Anything I have ever seen her show on QVC looks nothing like what I see her in when I occasionally see her on TV.  Not talking about whatever Housewives show she's in since I don't watch those.  Like, she's co-hosting with Ryan on Kelly & Ryan this morning and she has on a bright burgundy outfit.  A blazer over a slky burgundy and white polka dot top and some sort of translucent lame pants.  Now, that I would wear although some might consider it a bit too flashy.

Seems like every time I see her on the Q she's wearing leggings.

ETA:  Someone wrote in to the show and said they liked what she had on. She said she was wearing Tommy by Zendaya.  It's a collaboration between Zendaya and Tommy Hilfiger.