Respected Contributor

Re: Landies Candies TSV - October 11, 2023

I'm a pretzel girl but I rarely indulge because of the salt.

I'm contemplating sending a box to my brother - these look delish!

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I totally agree with you about the flavor selections for the TSV. I never liked PBJ or coconut. This is an easy pass for me. I've had the Landies 

pretzels before, and they are good - just not this selection.

Also, I sure do wish the gentleman from Landies would stop letting stuff from the pretzels drip all over his fingers. I'm sure they told him to do it, but it's a turn-off for me.

Respected Contributor

I thought I would finally try these, however, agree with others who do not like these flavors.  Only one flavor would be good to me.  So another pass... Cat Indifferent

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Alberti said there's no one who doesn't like PBJ. Well, he hasn't met me! PBJ, coconut, peanut, marshmallow are all flavors I don't like. It it were just chocolate, maybe with caramel or a pecan turtle flavor, I would get this.
Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am happy that I can and do make my own stuffed and chocolate covered pretzels.  I have  been doing it for years.

I really enjoy making candies.  I make several types, including my grandkid's favorite...clear toy candy.

Ahhh~~~a girl after my own Heart~~~a candy maker! 

I am a baker, but don't delve into candy making, but my Mom used to make awesome divinity. 

Do you make divinity @Carmie?

Trusted Contributor

Landies is the only food item from QVC that I asked for a refund about.   Nasty

Honored Contributor

@jackiejenny   No, I have never made divinity.

I make all types of fudge, chocolate covered nuts, pretzels, fruits, hard candies like clear toy...I have lots of cast iron molds.

I make PB cups, caramels, pecan turtles.  I like working with chocolate.

Maybe I'll give divinity a try.  I bake too, but I am not a decorator.  My daughter and especially one of my granddaughters decorates like a pro.  She is a graphic artist who decorates cakes for a hobby.

Honored Contributor

They looked nice but I didn't care for the flavors. Give me milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Forget the coconut, peanut butter and marshmallows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me, what they messed up with in this set is it all seemed like they just threw flavors on a bulletin board without considering how they really taste together.  

I'd never want most of those ingredients on a pretzel, even if I do like them separately.  Plus, only one dark chocolate pretzel in a TSV was a miss.  

Trusted Contributor

I have never had these pretzels before and was going to order them. Then I saw the flavors. I do not like coconut or marshmallow and to me pb&j belongs on a sandwich.