Contributor
I believe that tomorrow's TSV is a Kitchen Aid stand mixer 5qt. Tilt head. Just an FYI that Costco from 10/31 to 11/13, they're having 6qt bowl lift stand mixer for $299.99. If you belong to Costco it's a great deal.
Contributor

Honored Contributor

Love Costco (can't bet their return policy and usually their prices), but they often don't offer color choices.  That might be the case with the Kitchen Aid.

Trusted Contributor

Yep.  QVC deal:

KitchenAid 5-qt Artisan Stand Mixer with Flex Edge under $340

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 1.31.43 AM.png

Respected Contributor

I'd much rather have the tilt-head than the bowl-lift even if it is more expensive.

Honored Contributor

$379.98 at sams club the for bowl lift model. 

The bowl-lift design offers maximum stability, making it great for kneading even the toughest dough, mixing dense ingredients or bigger batches. The lever smoothly raises the mixing bowl into position, and the bowl attaches at 3 lock points for maximum stability. This model includes (1) 5-Quart polished stainless steel bowl, (1) 3-Quart stainless steel bowl, (1) Coated flat beater, (1) Coated dough hook, (1) 6-wire whip, (1) mini whip and (1) spatula.

5 colors. blue aqua black red chrome

8000+ great reviews

*i have to say i like the tilt head better though.*

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid TSV.

[ Edited ]

Seems like they just had a KitchenAid mixer TSV.

I have the KitchenAid mini mixer with tilt head.  Love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid TSV.

[ Edited ]

I am not interested in this TSV, but whenever people post great differences in prices, as a Buyer I always wonder if they are comparing apples to apples.

It makes a difference. 

Okay, I just checked because I have that same Costco Holiday Savings book. It looks like the only difference is that the Costco offering is a lift stand and that the color is silver. 

If you purchase online additional colors are available. 

Respected Contributor

Probably better to buy locally if possible...so you can easily return it. 

I REALLY want one, but the reviews on other sites ( NOT the 5 star ones....the OTHER ones) are TERRIBLE....(The big A and that big Kitchen store W/S ....)

Yes there are positive reviews for color and shipping times but SO many on poor quality.

Why ARE the reviews so bad ? Thsi is supposed to be a top of the line maker of products...and reviews indicated plastic parts, stops working after less than ten uses, plastic gears, loose trim, leaking oil from the motor,  and  the spring that held tension on the beaters is no longer used sot they have more play when in use. And some reviewers reported electrical problems.....

I had a KA bowl lift years ago and recall that spring tensioner on the beaters....and my bowl lift mixer was tossed when the bowl lift mechanism completely seized up. The bowl lift parts are mostly cheap plastic (Thank you You Tube repair videos).

Also complaints about whipping ....

I think I'll pass on this. I'll wait for reviews on this site after people get them. QVC doesn't offer that much of a discount any longer between the TSV and their regular price anyway...

People HERE...if you have one from the last five years ( NOT ones made long ago when they used metal parts and didn't cheap on everything)....how has your experience been?

The KA 600 Pro Bowl Lift on THIS website also has terrible reviews.

Disappointing. It's like everything today...cheapened and dumbed down.

Honored Contributor

I have this TSV, but I purchased mine two years ago at Best Buy for $259 (did not come with any beaters though, I had to purchase those separately).  My color is Milkshake, which is a matte vanilla ice cream shade.  

I just looked at Best Buy this morning and my exact same Artisan mixer today is $449!!!  Yikes, nearly $200 more.

I love my mixer.  I never wanted the bowl lift because of the many poor reviews.  Plus, the Artisan tilt-head mixer perfectly fit what I wanted .