Respected Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid TSV.

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon 

Read the reviews on THIS site for the Pro600 bowl lift.Terrible.

And today, two new reviews for the Artisan that people got already from last week TSV.

TWO reviews.

One of the two reports the base fell off the machine when she unloaded it from the box...the pin that holds it on was not installed.

The reviewer gave it FOUR STARS(of five).. Which is why you cannot just trust reviews, you must read some of them.

If I bought that thing and it fell apart right out of the box.....

I feel I've dodged a bullet I'm afraid.

Perhaps Costco got too many returns.

I was on Macy's site to see reviews of the Artisan (not good) because they are a big home products seller, and I was amazed at how many different companies now offer stand mixers. For a LOT less.

Like I said before, you can only coast so far on what the product USED to be. And it appears KA has reached the end of that ride.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen So far I've been happy with my Artisan from a few years ago.  It was a replacement for a "lesser" model KA that I thought was lacking in power when mixing cookie dough.

That being said, I tend to reach for my KA hand mixer unless I need the extra power and stability of the stand mixer.  I know people here use their KA stand mixers for everything, but I do not.

Valued Contributor

I do love my KA. Although I have a smaller model not the PRO model.

The 299.98 price is decent. I've seen them all over big box stores a lot higher.

The best beauty of a KA is that they are all adapted for the attachments.

If you are a baker, cook, or even have a restaurant this is a good purchase.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This 600 Professional Bowl LIft  model is being discontinued by KA shortly, and will be replaced with a new version of a bowl lift type with a "better" motor, a half speed setting, and a few other improvements.

We'll probably see the new one next year on QVC, for some wonderful price of less than 500 dollars ( 499.99!!!!)

I would Google it if you want to read about it's future and what that may imply to get it repaired if needed.

IF it works reliably this is probably a good buy, but the review on Q' s site, ( NOT those taken from promotions) are not that good. 

I think that's why the color choices are limited ( no white, black,).

I'd read the reviews before I purchased one of these. ( on THIS website, from buyers who bought these "made for QVC" models.).

And they STILL haven't upgraded that "wire whisk" which had a LOT of complaints about peeling and corrosion. I see they never say what it's made of...is it still galvanized metal? If it WAS stainless steel, they'd say so, and it COULD go into the dishwasher.....

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the silver and am excited to receive it. I bake a lot and know I will use it. 

Honored Contributor

I was just at Costco today.  They have the same Kitchenaid model with the lift up bowl for the same price as QVC.  It includes the same beaters and shield.

They only offer the red and silver.. their return policy can't be beat.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No real baker here, so my hand mixer is all I ever need and I don't want to store another large piece of equipment! 

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen Just an FYI, every time I order something anywhere, I immediately "print" the receipt to a PDF so I'll always have it.  I do have a printer so I can print it if needed, but as a PDF, I can also send it via E-mail if need be.  

David is claiming all metal parts on this model in the presentation,  I heard him say it at least twice.

I have the smaller tilt head and it works for me.  I actually bought the flex-beater and glass bowl separately since they both came out after I bought mine.  Yes, the bowl doesn't lock in, but no big deal for me.  I've never had the tilt head slam down as was mentioned.  

If I were a big cook or made large batches, I might want the larger bowl-lift, but for my purposes, tilt-head is what I chose and it works fine for me.  

Respected Contributor

I researched the QVC model Kitchenaid vs the Costco Kitchenaid model and, although the look very similar, they have different model numbers and are not the same.  If the model numbers are different, they are different.  Most often, it's not the outside that is different but what's inside and what type of quality is used.  Some retailers, and I believe QVC is one,  will have manufacturer make units specific for them, often with lesser quality materials.  Home Depot and Lowes also do this for many of their appliances and products.   

I went to Costco tonight and purchased the $299 Kitchenaid from there.  It's the newer model and also has the has the half speed for blending in delicate food items.  I know Costco will stand by their products, so my purchase went to them.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:@

I was just at Costco today.  They have the same Kitchenaid model with the lift up bowl for the same price as QVC.  It includes the same beaters and shield.

They only offer the red and silver.. their return policy can't be beat.

@Carmie    Bought mine tonight from Costco.  Although they look the same from the outside as the QVC TSV, they have different model numbers, so definitely not the same.   The one at Costco is the newest version and has the half speed, which the QVC model doesn't have.

As with many retailers, they order models to be made for them as specific price points but usually the 'inner' quality is less; plastic parts instead of metal, etc.  Lowes and Home Depot do this all the time with many of the products they sell. 

Costco got my money tonight.  I can always depend on them if something isn't right or goes wrong with the unit.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!