Esteemed Contributor

Re: Files, dead skin, equals ICKY, ICKY & YUCKY too!

Might sound dumb, but I'm gonna try this file on Brody.  

Still training him to not necessarily like other dogs but to at least get along with them.  He just turned four and wasn't taught proper behavior - so, it's gonna take awhile,  I expect.  At this point taking him for a spa day is out of the question.

Listening to MB's presentation, I'm hoping this will work!

Regular Contributor

I have used glass files for many years - I think I may have ordered them the first time they were shown on QVC and i love them.  My one comment though is how fortunate I feel because in all my years my feet have never looked as bad as some of those being shown---no bunions, no corns, no calluses, no broken and dried skin on my heels. I am truly blessed!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yikes!  I had no idea there are so many people looking so CLOSELY at my feet! 

From all the reviews I guess the glass doesn't ever start breaking down causing glass crystals to cut your skin? 

Maybe I need these?  What good sales people you all are! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

You can get a similar glass file for much less on Amazon.....plus no shipping if you have Prime!

ETA: I decided it was time to get myself one and purchased something on Amazon.  It has a handle with a rope to hang in the shower which is where I plan on scrubbing my feet.

the one that @haddon9    I've gotten glass files on Amazon that were such poor quality, they were virtually unusable.  You can't assess the quality until you actually use them.  Maybe buying the most expensive they've got is an assurance of quality?

On the scale of offensive actions, I find exfoliating feet to be very low.

@Kachina624 Fingers crossed that the one that I ordered will be a decent quality!😁

Honored Contributor

I might add that it's better (less messy) than using cream products such as Pr*tty H*nds and Feet, which is what I occasionally used to use, and works well.

Anyway, nice to know of alternatives to creams. 

Seems like a good product (the file).  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@frenchie   On one of my feet the heel gets very sore, I get hairline and deep cracks in the heel, very painful, like the skin dries out.... I wear socks to bed with vaseline most nights, unless it is unberablly hot.  

Most of my sandals have a closed heel and open toe, but I do have a few open heel sandals.

I don't know if is the way I walk or what but it is always the same heel. I have the diamond microdermabrasion tool that works well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@frenchie   On one of my feet the heel gets very sore, I get hairline and deep cracks in the heel, very painful, like the skin dries out.... I wear socks to bed with vaseline most nights, unless it is unberablly hot.  

Most of my sandals have a closed heel and open toe, but I do have a few open heel sandals.

I don't know if is the way I walk or what but it is always the same heel. I have the diamond microdermabrasion tool that works well.

@Mom2Dogs , you might want to try Bag Balm. It comes in agreen tin can and apx$14 at Amazon.  It works wonders for so many things.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs , you might want to try Bag Balm. It comes in agreen tin can and apx$14 at Amazon.  It works wonders for so many things.

thanks,  I have tried lots of things nothing reall works, so it won't hurt to try something else...sometime sI can barely put weight on that particular foot, the cracks hurt so bad.

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme    Just have to chime in and share with you a product we purchased a few weeks ago on GMA deals and steals.

It is called a Scratch pad.

The name of the website is Devora     It is the BEST thing EVER!

You put treats inside it and the dogs [ or cat]   scratch at it to get the treats out.

Its incredible.  Our dogs do not like getting their nails clipped.

Now we don't have to.  Once a week we give them their scratch pad and you would

not believe how smooth they come out and they love playing with them.

Honored Contributor

I bought a set of three files a few years ago,  The two smaller ones broke.  The bigger for feet one is still okay.  I use it to file my finger nails.

I use a back scrubber cloth made to remove dead skin in the shower.  I use it on my feet everyday while showering and I have no dead skin or hard calluses. I used to use foot files, scrapers, pumice stones and  battery powered appliances. The  build up just kept coming back.

My feet are perfect now. I don't even use lotion on them. I don't have to.  My feet are soft and smooth, even between my toes.

I always wear sandals or I am in my bare feet.  I only wear shoes when I have to.

IMO, it is best to not to let your feet get a build up of dead skin in the first place.  This is the best method I have found for soft smooth feet.