Honored Contributor

Re: Evine over charges for shipping

@sierracat wrote:

I dont think Evine is any more than QVC or HSN IN SHIPPING.I watch all 3 and Hsn does have better deals but  I dont think the Q does on there shipping.And if you have a Evine live credit card they have free shipping all day on everytihng at least once a month.Thats when I orderer all my stuff.Now neither of the other shopping channels have that.

@sierracat  I got one of their credit cards and no amount of free shipping is worth the hassles and grief that card produces.  Mine is now sitting dormant until it slowly dies a natural death, never to be used again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Oh and the other thing is, even if they ship all the items to you in one box, if you return some of those same items back in one box, they charge you the return label charge for EACH item. 

Years ago I bought several Pam McCoy clothing items.  They arrived in one box and they were all horrible quality.  I sent everything back in the same box they sent the items to me in.  I went to the PO and paid shipping myself rather than using their return label. 

I got a notice of the return and the refund amount was way short.  When I looked at what they did, they charged me $6.95 PER ITEM for all the items returned in that one box.  I contacted them and explained that I paid on my own.  The CS rep argued with me for awhile claiming I used their prepaid label.  I had to e-mail my receipt to them.  I was told that as a one time courtesy, they would refund the return charges to my account.  Then when I asked why I was charged for each item, she said that's how they do it. 

It was years before I would dip my toe in the water with them again.     

I was afraid they might do that.  I just sent back a few clothing pieces and purchased my own label because I thought if I used one of theirs they would charge me for each one.  I have my receipt handy should they do this.  

Respected Contributor

@Will2890 wrote:

A few weeks ago i ordered several items from Evine, and noticed they charge you way more for every item, than QVC & HSN and then pack everything into the same box & ship it the slowest way possible.  For the amount you pay in shipping, they could send it over night express.  

The customer has the ultimate vote on this -- don't buy from that retailer.  

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Oh and the other thing is, even if they ship all the items to you in one box, if you return some of those same items back in one box, they charge you the return label charge for EACH item. 

Years ago I bought several Pam McCoy clothing items.  They arrived in one box and they were all horrible quality.  I sent everything back in the same box they sent the items to me in.  I went to the PO and paid shipping myself rather than using their return label. 

I got a notice of the return and the refund amount was way short.  When I looked at what they did, they charged me $6.95 PER ITEM for all the items returned in that one box.  I contacted them and explained that I paid on my own.  The CS rep argued with me for awhile claiming I used their prepaid label.  I had to e-mail my receipt to them.  I was told that as a one time courtesy, they would refund the return charges to my account.  Then when I asked why I was charged for each item, she said that's how they do it. 

It was years before I would dip my toe in the water with them again.     

I was afraid they might do that.  I just sent back a few clothing pieces and purchased my own label because I thought if I used one of theirs they would charge me for each one.  I have my receipt handy should they do this.  

That would only happen to me once, with any retailer.  

Valued Contributor

That reminds me when I ordered a bulky kitchen item years ago from QVC and I was sent just the envelope with the invoice in it and it not look like it was ever attached to anything.  They credited me with no problem but I always wondered what happened.

Regular Contributor

I like some of Evine's products. Enough to load my shopping cart and wait until they have coupon day, or free shipping day, or both, combined. It will be a cold day in hell before QVC offers any manner of similar deal.
Contributor

I do the same thing as I said on here already.But never heard of coupon day.What is that.I love free shipping day and I said none of the others would ever do that.

Trusted Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I think everywhere is high on shipping.

It does not matter what gimmick any place comes up with, what it comes down to is they are not going to cut into their profits, period. 

I do not get why people complain so much about shipping, no one is forcing you to buy anything online. They do still have stores everywhere that I know of, and people don't complain about how much it costs to fill up their tanks to get there and back.  Well, yes they probably do - somebody always finds something to complain about. 

I think if if you tend to think shipping is too high - then do not shop online or from catalogs. Just jump in your car and go shopping at your convenience.

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I think everywhere is high on shipping.

It does not matter what gimmick any place comes up with, what it comes down to is they are not going to cut into their profits, period. 

I do not get why people complain so much about shipping, no one is forcing you to buy anything online. They do still have stores everywhere that I know of, and people don't complain about how much it costs to fill up their tanks to get there and back.  Well, yes they probably do - somebody always finds something to complain about. 

I think if if you tend to think shipping is too high - then do not shop online or from catalogs. Just jump in your car and go shopping at your convenience.

What a heartless, self centered response.   What , just what if you can't get to the mall?  What if there isn't a mall in close proximity to where you are?  What if the product you need is only offered on that channel or at significantly inflated prices elsewhere?  

You , apparently , are blessed with mobility and ample expendable cash. others might not be quite as fortunate.  Taking a step outside your own priveledged existence might make for a happier outlook and a kinder, less abrasive assessment of others.

Super Contributor

There shipping is high. They also charge shipping on food items. QVC food items are usually always free S&H 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@sierracat wrote:

I do the same thing as I said on here already.But never heard of coupon day.What is that.I love free shipping day and I said none of the others would ever do that.

They had free shipping a few days ago for Evine card holders. it was like a 24 hour event.